Tires Say WHAT!!

/ Say WHAT!! #41  
Something terrible happened to me this week. I was driving near a old fence row that I had torn out and I ran over something very sharp with the rear tire. It went flat in less than two minutes and I lost almost all my fluid. The tractor has less than 150 hours on it and I think it is too big to patch from the inside. :( I d@mn near cried.

I'd patch it. Pack the hole full of rubber cement, push the rubber back into the hole from the inside, then stick on a patch. Then, stick on another bigger patch over the first one. Done. Do it yourself too - probably cost less then $10.

If you're sticking with the loaded tire thing, I'd consider putting in a tube.

Those big rears are super easy to work with. Once you get the bead broken (I have a bead breaker, but was able to pop the beads on my rears by just jumping on the sidewall), they come off and go on like buttah.

JayC

/ Say WHAT!! #42  
Just got off the phone with them. The first question she asked was if I had axle or fender damage as a result of the same indecent. Bad news guys, KTAC will not cover just the tires unless there is other damage. It was worth a shot.

Worth a shot alright. With a sledgehammer. "Dang, rim got all beat up too..."

JayC

/ Say WHAT!!
Well we got the tire off Friday. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. I still couldn't have done it with out help from friends though. :thumbsup:
I must say the worst part was crawling under the tractor with a huge ratchet and extension. Oh and finding enough room for the cheater bar. Those nuts were on just as tight as they could be.
001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg005.jpg
010.jpg011.jpg
012.jpg

After all that was said and done I went to the tire shop. The guy I had been talking to was out for the day. The guys that were there only deal with big trucks so they couldn't tell me what they thought about fixing it. The other man should be in on Monday to tell if it's fixable. Fingers crossed!

/ Say WHAT!! #44  
I'm confused as to why you would have to buy a wheel unless there was something i missed in the pictures but any tire shop that retreads tires should be able to fix your tire just depends on the damage and financial feasibility of i.e. is it cheaper to have it fixed or cheaper to buy a new one.

/ Say WHAT!!
I'm confused as to why you would have to buy a wheel unless there was something i missed in the pictures but any tire shop that retreads tires should be able to fix your tire just depends on the damage and financial feasibility of i.e. is it cheaper to have it fixed or cheaper to buy a new one.

There is a possibility that it is damaged beyond repair. In that case the only way to get this exact tire, 18.4x30 Titan Radial, is through Kubota. They will only sell it as a complete assembly, rim, center and tire.

If it is repairable it should only cost around $200 plus fluid at $8 a gallon.

/ Say WHAT!! #46  
i used to work in a retread shop and have fixed many a tires that you would thought would be junk if there is a shop in your area that does this i would look into that

/ Say WHAT!!
either way good luck

Thanks, I need all the luck I can get!

The shop that has it does lots of retreading. If possible they are going to do a section repair. If I understand correctly they cut some rubber out, place the tire in a mold and and add rubber back.

Time will tell.

/ Say WHAT!! #49  
they will cut out the damaged area fill it with rubber and use a radial section repair(as i recall you said the tire was a radial) and vulcanize or "cook" it and if the shop is anygood the repair should be as good as new

/ Say WHAT!!
So I got good AND bad news today...

The good news is that my tire can be fixed!! :thumbsup:

The bad news is that the retread shop is in the process of moving and it may be two weeks before they can fix my tire.

It is not a huge problem other than the fact that I'm having tractor withdraws!! :(