SC2400 (aka EA2400) stopped dead

/ SC2400 (aka EA2400) stopped dead #1  

Gunnadoo

Hey everyone. While mowing with my EA/SC 2400 (Yanmar/CC) it just stopped suddenly, dead. Wont even try turn over at all. Some very amateur investigation later it appears no power getting to starter motor on key turn. Can’t find any wiring diagram help for this model, but I’m guessing a faulty solenoid switch? Earth connections seem ok, I went right back to battery -ve when testing power at starter motor and still no 12V, which suggests not earth related?? Battery seems fine. I initially feared overheating/cooked as previous owner attempted failed temp gauge installation so usual warning light may be out of action. But no signs of overheating I’m pretty sure, and that wouldn’t explain starter motor power issue. Any guidance much appreciated as I’ve got no idea really. Safety switch on seat bypassed to confirm it wasn’t that
Thanks

Last edited:
   / SC2400 (aka EA2400) stopped dead #2  
Hey everyone. While mowing with my EA/SC 2400 (Yanmar/CC) it just stopped suddenly, dead. Wont even try turn over at all. Some very amateur investigation later it appears no power getting to starter motor on key turn. Can’t find any wiring diagram help for this model, but I’m guessing a faulty solenoid switch? Earth connections seem ok, I went right back to battery -ve when testing power at starter motor and still no 12V, which suggests not earth related?? Battery seems fine. I initially feared overheating/cooked as previous owner attempted failed temp gauge installation so usual warning light may be out of action. But no signs of overheating I’m pretty sure, and that wouldn’t explain starter motor power issue. Any guidance much appreciated as I’ve got no idea really. Safety switch on seat bypassed to confirm it wasn’t that
Thanks
Did you at least check the fuses/breakers?

/ SC2400 (aka EA2400) stopped dead #3  
Since it stopped in the course of operation I'd probably start by checking the seat safety switch.

/ SC2400 (aka EA2400) stopped dead
Yeah sorry forgot to mention all fuses ok.

Yes, all good

/ SC2400 (aka EA2400) stopped dead #7  
I had a similar problem with my SC2400. The starter fuse looked and tested good, but no power to starter. I replaced the fuse and it fired right up.

I had a similar problem with my SC2400. The starter fuse looked and tested good, but no power to starter. I replaced the fuse and it fired right up.
Thanks, I’ll double check that as that’d be a preferred cause!

/ SC2400 (aka EA2400) stopped dead #9  
Thanks, I’ll double check that as that’d be a preferred cause!
Did you figure this out yet?

Thanks
Here is the wiring,
1682033748874.png

The free manual is at my site here,

Thanks for that diagram, big help. I went back to the start and retraced my footsteps and lo and behold I find the 5A PTO fuse blown in the panel, I’m sure I checked that, but it just shows… some people should double check more than others🙄