sc2400 SB45 BLower problems

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems
Heard from my dealer this last week They realize there are some problems and are working on it
He promised me there will be a new blower in the future for me

To get by till it happens I took a trip over the weekend and picked up an old Mckee 3 pt model. The down side is looking back but the up side is it is unstoppable. I had to get something as I have a few commercial accts that I promised if they went with me they would not have the cost of hauling the snow away that they had been doing. (it usually costs 3 times as much to haul it as it did to move it around here.) I bought the blower for $800. and another hundred to pick it up.
Can not believe this blower, I have cleaned up the 4' tall bank of snow that was rolled up by the roadgrader since december figured I would have to bucket that out then thought what the heck and turned on the blower backed in and to my amazment it handeled it just fine.
so all is good again in my world (well at least on the tractor front) now just somebody get my leg working again and all will be good LOL.

here are a couple pics of it
talk about your urban snow unit

Attachments

• dcp_1754.jpg
    dcp_1754.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 514
  • dcp_1755.jpg
    dcp_1755.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 401
  • dcp_1756.jpg
    dcp_1756.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 503
   / sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #13  
Nice. Keep Cub's feet to the fire on the new blower, don't let em run you over. If they can build em that tough on the 3-pt, why not the front mounted ones??

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #14  
Hello All
havin issues with my blower as well, 1st was the gearbox and now the "updated" sprockets and chain, HAD a 6000 series with the HEAVY DUTY blower but traded it all for the newer stuff , Wish I had kept the blower but wonder if the shaft rotation was the same as the SC2400, can anyone tell me what direction the shaft turns, based on sitting on the seat, (clockwise or counterclockwise) Are you all sick of snow yet? got 6' + drifts to bust , when i get the blower goin again it will be put to the test and i am bettin it will fail again, THANK GOD for a Warranty!

not sure on the shaft rotation will check it for you
hope your dealer helps out
I have been told there is a whole new blower in the works for this
I am waiting to see
I do like the 3 pt unit I put on back
with the loader on front it is one outstanding unit
I may have to trade my new one in on something else I like it so much

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #16  
not sure on the shaft rotation will check it for you
hope your dealer helps out
I have been told there is a whole new blower in the works for this
I am waiting to see
I do like the 3 pt unit I put on back
with the loader on front it is one outstanding unit
I may have to trade my new one in on something else I like it so much

How about an angle plow in front? If it's like the old setup, the blade will fit right in the hitch. Then you can make a snowrow going one way, then blow it without turning the tractor around!

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #17  
Whole new blower THAT! would be great. be nice to have a gearbox to drive the blower. The front blade attaches that same way as the blower , angle kit is there always I did have to make some blockouts so it wouldnt swing side to side, but it works great that way. Thanks for the info on shaft rotation

How about an angle plow in front? If it's like the old setup, the blade will fit right in the hitch. Then you can make a snowrow going one way, then blow it without turning the tractor around!

I have thought about that too and am thinking of rigging up a blade to mount on the bucket or even a snow pusher that I saw on another thread

here our snow lasts from Nov thru March or April usually so once you clean a 4" sidewalk the bucket just fits right in there and away you go can usually push a whole block of sidewalk right on down then do driveways and access cuts to houses with the blower

Besides the bucket digs better on the roadgrader piles and they were 4' high this last snow

and I did look it seems to me the drive shaft turns clockwise when you are on the seat
looking forward

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #20  
Gordyy
thanks for the info, so in theory the series 6000 blower would attach to the Sc2400? Now i really wish i wouldnt have traded the blower for the new stuff, much better blower, just got the warranty parts for my SB45 except teh chain SO will have about 10 hrs of work to get the PILES of snow cleared. Anyway thanks again , have a good weekend!