SC2400 Stalling / Won't re-start

/ SC2400 Stalling / Won't re-start #11  
This certainly sounds like a vaccuum lock, and gtrippleb's experience supports that theory. I've seen crud in the lines, clogged filter, clogged breather, or collapsed rubber fuel line all cause a similar situation.

/ SC2400 Stalling / Won't re-start #12  
This certainly sounds like a vaccuum lock, and gtrippleb's experience supports that theory. I've seen crud in the lines, clogged filter, clogged breather, or collapsed rubber fuel line all cause a similar situation.

There was crud in my fuel filter and since I unplugged the line from the tank and replaced the fuel filter, I haven't had any problems. My wife spent a few hours chipping limbs this past weekend and raking up leaves with the dethatcher I had my father in-law build for me. We've put 12 hours on the tractor since I changed the fuel filter and unplugged the fuel tank with no issues. So I would say my issue has been resolved.

Greg

/ SC2400 Stalling / Won't re-start #13  
I unkooked the fuel line at number 27 and then stuck a piece of wire in the nipple on the gas tank as I wasn't getting any fuel to come out. Once I did that fuel poured out like I turned a faucet on. I let it drain for a few seconds and then put the hose and clamp back on. It started right up and idled fine. I'll see how it runs and then decide if I'm going to drain the tank completely and then try and clean out the tank.

There's three 12mm nuts towards the front and two 12mm bolts, one on each side, that hold the pan on that covers the tank.

I know this is an old post, but just wanted to say thanks. I had the exact same issue on my SC2400 and couldn't figure it out - I had replaced all the fuel hosing and replaced the little pump, but it wasn't until I disconnected it at the tank and poked some wire up in there that I was able to get it unclogged. It was a pain to get to with the mower deck on, but I finally got it and the tractor is running great now.

/ SC2400 Stalling / Won't re-start
I struggled with this for a few years on and off - made it very hard to pin down. Eventually I found that the fuel line was kinked in one spot (the fuel line wasn't routed properly at the factory - right near the front axle). In cold weather I guess the rubber line was hard enough to maintain it's shape, but once things got warm the rubber collapsed and kinked - cutting off fuel to the engine. I cut out the kinked part and replacement with a rigid elbow and it's worked flawlessly for years.

/ SC2400 Stalling / Won't re-start #15  
Way late to the party here. I have a 2010 SC2450. It has been flawless for several years for me. Sad to say I only used it sporadically as most of the time since then I was either overseas or out of state on work projects. This summer it died while mowing one day. No start, check fuel, check safeties and didn't find any issues. As I am back on the road and away, it is at the dealer. I looked and checked and tightened everything I could find to no avail. I really don't remember looking st the fuel line mentioned above but I probably did. I am hoping the dealer comes through this week to let me know what I missed. I think they are a good tractor but unfortunately got left out in the split between Yanmar and Cub Cadet.

/ SC2400 Stalling / Won't re-start #16  
I know this is an old post, but just wanted to say thanks. I had the exact same issue on my SC2400 and couldn't figure it out - I had replaced all the fuel hosing and replaced the little pump, but it wasn't until I disconnected it at the tank and poked some wire up in there that I was able to get it unclogged. It was a pain to get to with the mower deck on, but I finally got it and the tractor is running great now.
Is there a fitting or adapter in the bottom of the tank or just a plastic nipple where the hose attaches?

I struggled with this for a few years on and off - made it very hard to pin down. Eventually I found that the fuel line was kinked in one spot (the fuel line wasn't routed properly at the factory - right near the front axle). In cold weather I guess the rubber line was hard enough to maintain it's shape, but once things got warm the rubber collapsed and kinked - cutting off fuel to the engine. I cut out the kinked part and replacement with a rigid elbow and it's worked flawlessly for years.
Reading the above messages in this thread makes me wonder if this is not the problem with my tractor. I have contacted the dealer and so far have no real answers to the question of why it dies. I'm a big diesel engine type of guy and the symptoms I am hearing about sure seem to be an indicator for a sudden fuel starvation. I have not seen the tractor since all of this started so I am operating on hearsay. Today I will go to the dealer since my call and email have not been answered.