Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #171  
Somehow your post got duplicated, but perhaps it is good to get the link at the top of the page.

VERY NICE!!!
A dab of yellow paint, and it is about time to see the kid in the driver's seat.

Any way to muffle it a bit more?

I'm wondering about the speed. Would it be worth trying to build a master speed limiter? Perhaps a bit slower for now?

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #172  
Whoah! You've got to build a six way blade for that!

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #174  
I was just thinking you could pin the angle side to side and tilt with a cat0 toplink if you wanted to do it cheaply

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son
I don't know what I'm doing back the past few posts get duplicated. Usually I catch it and delete it right away. I only click post once.

I'm probably going to get a different engine. I'll see how that muffle does. This one does leak so it was pretty load. If all else fails, I'll try to make one that really muffles the sound. I'm not too worried about horsepower lose because it won't be doing much real work while my son is riding it. I'd rather protect his hearing (he will be wearing ear muffs, or he won't be riding it).

You mean slower for my son? Yes, I agree. I already underdrive the pumps a bit in hopes of slowing it down. Max speed is supposed to be about 5mph. Engine idle about 3mph. That's close to a power wheels. I'll have to play around with it a little bit. I have some ideas. The first time he rides it, I was hoping for a speed of about 1mph. Worst case, I just make some stops for the handles so he can't push them any further.

I'm going to take a break from building for a while. I've worked pretty hard since about Christmas and I've neglected some house projects. At night, I will start working on the blade design. Still not sure how I want to do it. We'll see.

Thanks for looking. Glad you guys enjoy.

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #176  
That is so awesome!! I sure admire your talents...

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #177  
That thing is great your son will have alot of fun with it. Living in a subdivision though a blade might be good. If you get snow your son can earn extra money with it clearing driveways.

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #178  
looks great! Now go see the movie "earthworm tractors".

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #179  
Very cool, I was thinking adjustable stops for the speed. Kids learn quickly and won't like slow for long. That thing looks like it would crawl up a tree which makes me think you need a roll cage and seat belt like the big ones. In black maybe. :)

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #180  
You are going to need a big sand box! Ha ha ha

Dave