Is this a scam? SCAM ALERT!!!

/ SCAM ALERT!!! #1  

miramadar

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27
Be advised that there is someone on Craigslist.com trying to sell an '06 New Holland TC33 w/ FEL and box blade, 150 hours, for $4850. This is a scam!

I was very interested in buying this tractor and corresponded with the person. The only identifying info I could get was the person's email address, which is kathleenbarnaj@gmail.com. This person will try to direct you to an Ebay "Buy It Now" page. But the link that they send you is BOGUS. It is housed on a server in the Czech Republic. If you go to the REAL Ebay site and do a search for this tractor, you'll see that it doesn't really exist on the site.

I hope no one falls for this.

/ SCAM ALERT!!! #2  
These people are all over the internet. Ther's one on kijiji now offering a 44 HP Kubota, HST, FEL and BH for $4800. No phone number just site email. When asked for info on where the tractor is located etc. you get a reply telling all info requests cost $2000 but this will hold the tractor for pick-up. Good Luck

/ SCAM ALERT!!! #3  
I've run into many of these on craigslist and e-bay. It gets really frustrating, remember if it sounds to good to be true it is, especially on the internet.

/ SCAM ALERT!!! #4  
Ran into one on Pittsburgh Craigslist. A John Deere 4110 with 42 hours for$4200.00. Checked it on the web it was in other cities also. I e-mailed them just for fun, the tractor is suppose to be in Washington State. This included a brand new back scrapper,mower,and trailer. The Pics they sent were on some dealers lot,because other equipment could be seen. I e-mailed back and asked to physically see the tractor,so far no e-mail back. The persons E-mail that was on craigslist was antonajudy@gmail.com just incase you see the same ad.

/ SCAM ALERT!!! #6  
One of my co-workers was nailed just last week for $4100 for a houseboat.... when she described the deal to me I started to see red flags all over the place, which only got worse when she answered some of my questions- Any phone contact? No, just email. (Hmmmm) What about shipping? Oh, that was included. (OUCH!) Payment? My husband just wired $$ by Western Union (You didn't!) to a company to hold until delivery..... (Uh-oh.)

She found out shortly after that the money was gone, "holding company" was bogus, no further contact with "seller".....

Started out on Craig's list. Sad to see that happen, but it does. (I got hit for $950 --a sewing machine for wife-- 2 years ago; learned then. I hope!)

Reminded of the old adage, "If it sounds too good to be true....." (with apologies to Sixgun, but it bears repeating...)

/ SCAM ALERT!!! #7  
The kicker is the authorities could absolutely care less

there are so many doing it that the authorities do nothing and the scammers know it

almost easier just scam someone than bother driving into work

Joel

/ SCAM ALERT!!! #8  
Those adds are funny, you would think they would learn to quote a more realistic price in an attempt to get suckers to bite.

That is exactly what I was thinking.. undercut a retail price by a few thousand dollars (make it a 'pretty good deal' instead of a steal) and they could eliminate a lot of suspicion

Brian

/ SCAM ALERT!!! #9  
Same issue here on a Polaris ATV. Posted on Buffalo CL. Contacted poster, He said the unit was in Montana, but he'd have it shipped to me on his 'dime'. He gave me the whole 'how we do this story'! " Want to go through a reliable vendor like E-Bay", he says "I've already got it set up with them, I'm just a firefighter here that needs to pay down some bills." Then sez-"I'll ship it to you, and if there's anything wrong, I'll pay for the return shipping, keep it for five days!" We'll, I e-mailed E-Bay and as I thought, total scam!! I give E-Bay credit, though, I got a e-mail personal response within hours! Not a 'canned' e-mail!! Scum out there! ~Scotty

/ SCAM ALERT!!! #10  
Ive also found numerous scams on Used Tractors and Farm Equipment. 1000s of Farm Machinery Classifieds! They post a tractor for less than half what it's worth. The scammer says they are selling it through a charity, and that it is currently being held at a shipping center. They say they want 50% up front, after which they will ship the tractor to you at their expense. You then have 5 days to check out the tractor and if you are not satisfied you can ship it back at their expense for a full refund. Yeah, right! They also want you to wire the funds to an overseas account. BUYER BEWARE!