Scorpions and insects

/ Scorpions and insects #1  

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E Kubota L 2501 Kubota T1460
I'm having a problem inside the camper I sometimes sleep in over the weekend. Located in central Florida.

Don't leave any food out, extremely clean.

Lots of rain lately so the insects come inside, scorpions follow.

Ants, beetles, scorpion and I've seen one roach.

What is gonna keep them out of my small camper?

It's 30 years old, I'm sure there are bad seals but no way to seal the unit.

I need something to spray that will stop them from coming in and won't wash away.

I can spray the bottom of camper underneath and I'm sure it won't wash off.

Any suggestions?

/ Scorpions and insects #2  
I have heard that cornmeal works against ants. Other than that I have no idea. I live too far north for scorpions. Back in the 1950s my Grandmother used the Miami Herald (Sunday edition) against scorpions. She dropped the paper on the scorpion and then stepped on it. End of scorpion.

/ Scorpions and insects #3  
I know that Otho, and I'm sure others as well, makes a broad spectrum spray that you could use. Man - scorpions make me squirm.

I see several ads on TV. They spray the base around the entire structure - inside. Either keeps them out or kills as they enter.

/ Scorpions and insects #5  
I recommend Talstar P, professional insecticide. It can be used inside or outside. Good for 3 months. It is not a "knock down" insecticide, like ant and roach killer, but they will be dead the next day and it seems that any insect that crosses its path does not last long.

It comes as a concentrate. I mix 1 ounce to one gallon of water.

I had problems with spiders under the eaves of my house. I sprayed the eaves and the followed the instructions in the video for around the house. It has been two weeks and have not seen any spiders. If I sprayed with ant and roach killer, they would be back the next night. I sprayed carpenter ants around a tree, they were gone the next day and have not seen any since. I am glad I bought a gallon.

Talstar P (Pro) Insecticide | Fast, Free Shipping - DoMyOwn.com

/ Scorpions and insects #6  
Talstar P or any generic bifenthrin product. I even spray the top of my camper.

/ Scorpions and insects #7  
+1 on talstar. I spray my shop with it as well, and the only bugs in there are dead ones. I can't say if it will kill scorpions, but it will eliminate their food sources.

/ Scorpions and insects
Thanks, tslistar than. I'll look for more info online

/ Scorpions and insects #9  
I get a bifenthrin product at the farm store called Wisdom TC Flowable. It’s about $40 for a gallon of concentrate. 1 gallon treats my whole yard about half a dozen times. I don’t know about it killing scorpions, but I haven’t found a bug or insect that it won’t kill on contact, and it continues to repel them for 3 months. I guess it’s used in orchards a lot, but you can even inject it underground to kill termites.
Spraying my deck, fence and house with it in late spring prevents wasps from building nests anywhere I’ve sprayed it.

/ Scorpions and insects #10  
So does anyone spray their tractors with such products to keep bugs out?

TXCOMT