Scrape Blade dies the first day on the job

/ Scrape Blade dies the first day on the job #11  
Personally I would call the bulldozer guy and tell him he missed a stump and owes you for a back blade and he needs to come out and finish work.

=)

/ Scrape Blade dies the first day on the job
Here's the proof. Today the dealer told me they see this all the time and it hurt. They will see how much the two pcs. cost or if I should get a new unit. If I go for the new unit they have a 70hp model that is built a lot heavier and it's only $ 200.00 more. Hind site is 20/20 for me right now.....

Attachments

• 696699-R0011685 (Small).JPG
    696699-R0011685 (Small).JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 708
   / Scrape Blade dies the first day on the job #14  
Thank goodness you still have your red reflective safety strips sill intact. The world is safer because of your diligence in not crumpling any safety stuff. Please use multiple jack stands if you intend to remove that implement.

/ Scrape Blade dies the first day on the job #15  
If I owned that blade, and took it back and they told me they wouldnt warrantee it, I would then continue to use it as-is. It looks tweaked but that wont really affect its use too much. If the dealer really does see this all the time, the new pc you pay for is going to bend too. Get used to it, or have it reinforced by someone who understands the problem.

/ Scrape Blade dies the first day on the job #16  
Maybe the pic's are deceptive but it doesn't look that bad to me. Any good welding shop could straighten it, re-weld it and add some gussets to make it stronger than the original.

Steve

/ Scrape Blade dies the first day on the job #17  
It looks like most of the tilt is from the swivel bolt being bent. If it is, it would take care of most of the problem to replace it. Tell me if I am wrong, it is hard to tell by looking at pictures.

/ Scrape Blade dies the first day on the job #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It looks like most of the tilt is from the swivel bolt being bent. If it is, it would take care of most of the problem to replace it. Tell me if I am wrong, it is hard to tell by looking at pictures. )</font>

It does seem that way but the pictures could be misleading. Maybe if we could see a couple of 3/4 shots one from each side entire implement it would be easier to see.

Fl Cracker when you say prices for the two pieces which are you refering to?

/ Scrape Blade dies the first day on the job #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Maybe you will loan yours to FL_Cracker to try it out on the hidden stump, being pulled by a good size tractor. Would be an interesting test, and I'd be curious what breaks first - the stump, the tractor, or your blade. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

Our blade has been abused by my wife's nephew on a 4000 Ford, which is a good sized tractor. I'm surprised it has held up as well as it has.

/ Scrape Blade dies the first day on the job #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It looks like most of the tilt is from the swivel bolt being bent. If it is, it would take care of most of the problem to replace it. Tell me if I am wrong, it is hard to tell by looking at pictures. )</font>

It looks like the bolt took the brunt of the force.

FL_Cracker, Is the beam bent? It looks that way in the picture.