3-Point Hitch screw adjustment for lift arms descent.

/ screw adjustment for lift arms descent. #1  

cbailey1956

Bronze Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers B, Komatsu D31, Case 585
The 1530 has been completely put back together now after replacing the PTO brake. I had removed the lift cover previously and noted the screw adjustment on the front part was completely loose. The screw has 2 jam nuts and a metal strap. What is the proper way to set up this screw and jam nuts. I did find the adjustment arm on the right side of the lift cover and it appears to be descent control for different weights on the hitch. I found if the front screw is to far in the arms will not lower. How is used and/or adjusted?

Thanks, Craig

/ screw adjustment for lift arms descent.
Rethinking my question. This tractor has a lower load link so the detented 4 position lever beneath thr seat right side, (not the position lever) is probably draft and the front screw is probably descent speed adjustable for weight? Background is more ferguson based draft controls rather than lower link sensing systems. Where am I on my reasoning (WAG).

/ screw adjustment for lift arms descent. #3  
The detented lever on the right selects between load and depth control on the hitch. The screw and tab arangement closer to the center under the seat is the rate of drop control. With an implement raised fully and with this ROD screwed in you should be able to open it to adjust for the speed it falls without damaging the implement.

/ screw adjustment for lift arms descent. #4  
I'll add to what jenkinsph stated that the draft control should normally be placed in "D" except when plowing. This gives operator maximum control of 3pt hitch

/ screw adjustment for lift arms descent. #5  
As others posted this is rate of drop control. Tab is so it can be moved by hand. clockwise slows/stops rate of drop, counter clockwise increases rate of drop. Start one turn out from bottomed