SCUT: Massey / Iseki vs. Kubota / Kubota

/ SCUT: Massey / Iseki vs. Kubota / Kubota #41  
Sorry, I guess that won't work for you as I forgot you were looking for 1 with a BH.

/ SCUT: Massey / Iseki vs. Kubota / Kubota #42  
I bought a MF GC2610 TLB last year for 22 000$
I know you people in the US have much better prices than us...why ?? I don't know !
Black :2cents:

/ SCUT: Massey / Iseki vs. Kubota / Kubota #43  
My loader manual clearly notes that the specs are based upon ASAE standard testing....not something a lawyer decided. I doubt Massey is any different.

/ SCUT: Massey / Iseki vs. Kubota / Kubota
Sorry, I guess that won't work for you as I forgot you were looking for 1 with a BH.

Yes that is correct but thanks for the heads up!

/ SCUT: Massey / Iseki vs. Kubota / Kubota #45  
My loader manual clearly notes that the specs are based upon ASAE standard testing....not something a lawyer decided. I doubt Massey is any different.

If you think that what you read in manuals as to specs are accurate sorry, Tractors, cars, guns, planes.....depending on what they are wanting to push is going to be reflected in those numbers....I highly doubt that the numbers in any of the manuals are real world numbers. What the manuals say and worse the ad's say are far different then what you get in the field. If they want to CYA those numbers are going to reflect that....if they are trying to sell the numbers are going to reflect that as well.

Pretty niave to think that the specs in a manual are not massaged by legal. At the very least there is going to be a disclaimer. In my book it says that it is 87%.....so that gives them 13% on both sides of the ball....thank the lawyer for that, and that is the company doing a little CYA.

/ SCUT: Massey / Iseki vs. Kubota / Kubota #46  
If you think that what you read in manuals as to specs are accurate sorry, Tractors, cars, guns, planes.....depending on what they are wanting to push is going to be reflected in those numbers....I highly doubt that the numbers in any of the manuals are real world numbers. What the manuals say and worse the ad's say are far different then what you get in the field. If they want to CYA those numbers are going to reflect that....if they are trying to sell the numbers are going to reflect that as well.

Pretty niave to think that the specs in a manual are not massaged by legal. At the very least there is going to be a disclaimer. In my book it says that it is 87%.....so that gives them 13% on both sides of the ball....thank the lawyer for that, and that is the company doing a little CYA.

Have you heard of the Nebraska tractor tests? The numbers posted by manufacturers are usually extremely close to what the tests determine.

If the numbers in manuals were " massaged" they wouldn't be able to specify the standards which govern their testing.

Tractors aren't cars, guns, or planes, although aircraft certification testing has some resemblance to tractor testing (had a pilot's license for almost 20 years now).

Manufacturers being intentionally conservative in their numbers would hurt their comparison to the competition....they don't want that. Manufacturers overstating performance would lead to unhappy customers....they don't want that. Either would be a stupid business model.

/ SCUT: Massey / Iseki vs. Kubota / Kubota #47  
Have you heard of the Nebraska tractor tests? The numbers posted by manufacturers are usually extremely close to what the tests determine.

If the numbers in manuals were " massaged" they wouldn't be able to specify the standards which govern their testing.

Tractors aren't cars, guns, or planes, although aircraft certification testing has some resemblance to tractor testing (had a pilot's license for almost 20 years now).

Manufacturers being intentionally conservative in their numbers would hurt their comparison to the competition....they don't want that. Manufacturers overstating performance would lead to unhappy customers....they don't want that. Either would be a stupid business model.

You fly...that's cool....you should know where the name comes from then....I can fly any longer medical issues, but IMHO once a pilot always a pilot....not unlike being a Marine.

All I can tell you is what my manual said.....I am not at home now but I do remember 87%......and the specs printed in the book give them a 13% wiggle room. The manufacturers also don't want to elevate claims and have the same kind of thing that happened in the lawn mower world with horse power numbers to happen to them.

This is a new 'merica....the America that we knew, loved and bled for is long gone. Cars have to have backup cameras because people are too stupid to not look behind them. Lawn mowers have a cut off on blades when backing up because people are again too stupid. If someone lifts (X) and something fails I would bet you the first thing out of the lawyers mouth is how much did it weigh, then what are the specs of the machine he was lifting it with.

I know a guy, worked in a factory running some kind of press. Long story short press goes nutz and the guy ends up blowing the tips off of three fingers right at the nail. He ended up with a law suit against the company he worked for, and the company that built the machine. He won....he was 20 something and his cut was enough so he would never work again in his life. Best part is the company he worked for turned off some safety feature.....and still the manufacturer was sued and he got money from them.....the machine should have been safer. I understand the company he worked for...non union and if you don't do this you don't have a job....and he was smart enough to get emails to that effect...and have audio recordings on his smart phone of his meetings with his manager. But the company that made the machine?

This is the world we live in....it ties into little airplane business as well....no one is at fault anymore.....it is not that you are an idiot and flew into IFR and you are only VFR rated...the plane must be built wrong....just ask JFK jr.

/ SCUT: Massey / Iseki vs. Kubota / Kubota #48  
Also look on here and see how many people checked their pressure and found it below, or at the bottom of spec. Perhaps I am queued into it because I am researching that now and really interested in what my tractors pressure is. You see posts like....well it is rated for 1700 with a top of 1800 but when I checked it was at 1630 and it is only 100 hrs old. I have come across several posts like that. Do you think that is really just within manufacturing tolerances.....I have yet to read one where the pressure when checked is over the spec....could be those people don't post, but fact is people have posted about pressure being low....and I think that tells us volumes.

Also with your test I doubt they drove to a generic dealer said let me borrow that machine off your showroom we are going to do some testing with it. I would bet the machine used in the testing has been checked to make sure everything is running as good as it can....and I would bet there are adjustments between some tests....like horse power and fuel use tests.

Yes where this stuff goes I am very glass half empty.....Walked into an ambushes many times don't want to play that game in any way anymore, now I want to know everything I can going in....and have the doc's in MY hands.

/ SCUT: Massey / Iseki vs. Kubota / Kubota
   / SCUT: Massey / Iseki vs. Kubota / Kubota #50