SCUT or CUT advice

/ SCUT or CUT advice
Thanks. I've started looking at the "inverted" snowblowers. Not that easy to find out much about them. The Kioti dealer is trying to source them, but said that he doesn't think they're much cheaper given the need to add hydraulics to operate the chute. (?)

On a different note, does anyone have a source for chains and or wheel spacers for the CS2410. Looks like not very much clearance for chains.

/ SCUT or CUT advice #13  
If they are too busy to talk to you now, just wait until you own their machine and have an issue. I made that mistake. Never again. Buy somewhere else. There are too many great tractors that will do the job for you to get stuck with a lifetime commitment to a dealer with a poor attitude.

/ SCUT or CUT advice #14  
Too bad about your dealer. I will second everyone's comments. Have a JD2520 (~27HP) with FEL, rear blower, chipper, 5' finish mower & 5' rotary cutter for 85 acres (maintain ~10-15)/house is 600' in from the main road. Use a JD140 for the main lawn, most of the time, as the 2520 will leave tire tracks when it is damp. I have industrial tires on my unit - better traction when using the FEL & have never had an issue in the snow. I kept the 2520 in my garage the first winter/until I built my "barn".
You can do a lot with a CUT. I've done a ton of landscaping around the property, relocated my ditch to make the lane easier to maintain & am currently working on my pond (~75x100') below the house - will be fed from the outflow of our artesian well (throws out 3-5 gal/min unless we are running the water somewhere). Should be done all the main work (have about 25' of retaining wall/dam to go in the deepest area) except for the outlets & inlets by the weekend - I'm down over 6-7' in some areas. May get around to posting a few pics one of these days.

/ SCUT or CUT advice #15  
I guess my response is "Do you want a tractor or a glorified lawnmower?" If it is a lawnmower then go with the SCUT's in your favorite color. I would upgrade to a CUT which has decent ground clearance, better capacity in all areas and is only a few thousand more than a SCUT. Something like the Kubota B 26XX or 29XX series tractors. They make good mowers as they aren't extremely heavy but do have an adequate lift with the FEL, bigger tires so the weight is distributed over a wider track. My daughter has a 2620 with FEL and belly mower that they bought 3 years ago and she mows their 2.5 acres with it and hardly ever cranks the lawn mower. No snow in Texas but I would expect it to handle a snow blower much better than a SCUT. I think all the major brands have a similar sized machine.

You should really invest some time in checking out the other dealers besides Kioti and JD. LS has been favorable reported on for several years and lots more dealers are popping up than there was when I bought mine. They have been cheaper to buy for the last 3-4 years than all other brands (that may still hold true) and generally come with standard features that all other brands charge extra for. They also have a 5 year powertrain warranty and 2 year "bumper to bumper" warranty which is much better than almost all other brands.

/ SCUT or CUT advice #16  
Thanks. I've started looking at the "inverted" snowblowers. Not that easy to find out much about them. The Kioti dealer is trying to source them, but said that he doesn't think they're much cheaper given the need to add hydraulics to operate the chute. (?)

On a different note, does anyone have a source for chains and or wheel spacers for the CS2410. Looks like not very much clearance for chains.

All of the inverted blowers I've seen offer manual and hydraulic rotation of the chute, and a few offer electric as well. On a smaller machine like the models you're looking at, manual should work fine.

The companies I'm aware of that offer the inverted blowers are Erskine, Lucknow, MK Martin, Normand, Smyth Welding, and Pronovost. I'm pretty sure they all have websites, and the bigger brands often have Youtube videos of them in action, good pictures, etc. Also, there are a lot of private folks (some members here) who have posted videos of them as well, so you might find some info that way as well.

/ SCUT or CUT advice #17  
I agree with the others; lots of SCUTS and CUTS to choose from. I'm most familiar with Kubotas, and in that color, I'd be looking at the BX or B series tractor. They both have belly mower options and mid-PTO that drives the mid-mount-mowers and also enables front snow blower options. I have an L, which does not have a mid-PTO, is the next size up and I park it in my garage with the ROPS in the upright position. I had to work on my garage door opener settings to get it to pull the door to the absolute highest spot and it barely fits, so I would assume the B wouldn't have a problem fitting without modification. I know the BX would go right in.

/ SCUT or CUT advice #18  
So, some background information to start: currently have a John Deere 318 with mower, rototiller, and single stage snowblower (and an older sears lawn tractor that is used only for mowing). It's getting a little long in the tooth, and I'd like to get something with a bit more capability. The property that it is being used on is a farm (160 acres), with the land and pasture being rented out. Having said that, there are still a few times when I need to go into the pasture to haul wood and/or rocks. The house is located 400 yards from the county road and has a fairly large yard-none of what could be called lawn in an urban sense. The lane way is "old style" with two gravelled tyre tracks and grass in the middle and on the edges. Snow in the winter is a issue as is general maintenance of the lane (put 9yds3 of road crush on it this year and still need more). Also, whatever is purchased needs to be able to fit through a regular garage door.

I've begun the looking stage, but am a bit overwhelmed by all of the "options". I've looked at a Kioti CS2410 with fel, 60" mmm, 50" snowblower, 4' box blade, and 4' rough cut mower as an option. One concern that I have about the CS2410, is the low ground clearance. (this is also an issue with the JD318) I haven't yet looked at other models, other than a brief look at JD-the salesmen were "too busy" to give me the time of day:thumbdown:

So, just wondering about other models and whether or not the increased cost (not sure what that would be as I only have the one quote on the CS2410-am waiting for them to get back to me about other models) would be worth it for the limited use in those rougher conditions.

You really did not tell us too much on what you are going to be using it for....or I am too stupit to find it. I got mowing and hauling firewood and rocks across a field, snow blowing, and the JD318 is not cutting it (one of the best tractors ever made BTW)

I just lased my house and my driveway is 384 to the street. I doubt that middle Missouri has snow like you but we do get some. Up to this year I did the snow blowing with a sears tractor and a 2 stage snow blower....worked pretty well. I have not had my "glorified lawn mower" over the winter yet.

I really don't know how much you are mowing, or really taking care of out of that 160. After knowing that and knowing what you really want to be doing with the machine I think only then can we really help.

Perhaps I missed it, and I am going to re-read your posts....I am pretty tired and pretty under the weather.

/ SCUT or CUT advice
There's about 1.5-2 acres of mowing, and as I said the rest is rented out. There's will some more landscaping to be done.

I've looked at and priced out a BX2670 with fel, 60" mmm, and 50" snowblower and a B2620 equipped similarly (63" front mount snowblower). The question is is the B worth the extra money, and how would the B perform when mowing the lawn (too big, heavy, turning, damaging the lawn)?