SE SEAT FOR MY 2520

/ SE SEAT FOR MY 2520 #21  
Hello ORCM
Can you post some pics:)

Greg

Better late than never..;)

I got some good seat time in it now.. I may removed some more of the orignal seat frame, and fab a spacer up. It almost seems like the seat is tillted a little far forward.

Still over all, its a way better ride.. I don't know why Deere doesn't offer it on these tractors.

Attachments

• IMAG0054.jpg
    IMAG0054.jpg
    707.3 KB · Views: 460
  • IMAG0055.jpg
    IMAG0055.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 505
  • IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0057.jpg
    845.4 KB · Views: 425
  • IMAG0056.jpg
    IMAG0056.jpg
    839.3 KB · Views: 513
   / SE SEAT FOR MY 2520 #22  
Especially if your taller.:thumbsup:
Well, that leaves me out!:D I have to have the original factory seat all the way forward in order to work the pedals now. How much money did I just save?:laughing:

/ SE SEAT FOR MY 2520 #23  

I got some good seat time in it now.. I may removed some more of the orignal seat frame, and fab a spacer up. It almost seems like the seat is tillted a little far forward.

Still over all, its a way better ride.. I don't know why Deere doesn't offer it on these tractors.

ORCM, Great mod! I see your problem and it can be easily fixed. Remove the rubber shocks in the back of seat and cut them down to your fit. I actually did a mod where I had to buy 2 additional rubber shocks and they are around 12.00, so dont worry if you think you are going to screw up something.;)
Also if you look up thread "2520 Suspension Seat" another member removed the rubber shocks and weilded a peice of tube steel and it looks real nice.

/ SE SEAT FOR MY 2520

Very nice job ORCM. As BIGWES stated,you could cut the rubbers down to give you a more level seat:thumbsup:

I couldn't believe how much comfort this seat offers. The most seat time for me so far has been plowing our two foot snowfall three weeks ago. I think I was in the seat almost seven hours with a twenty minute break. I didn't have that "just spent a whole day on a tractor seat" feeling.:)
Why JD won't offer this as an option on the 2000 series is......well, a mystery to say the least:confused:

Greg

/ SE SEAT FOR MY 2520 #25  
Yeah, if I decide to change it I will just remove the rubber isolators (Save them in case the next owner wants the old seat back on.), and install some ~2" tubing. The seat is a bit tippy side to side, so putting a piece of tubing under there instead would fix it..

/ SE SEAT FOR MY 2520 #26  
Kudos for your "innovation"!! You guys do good work! :D

Who knows... maybe a bean counter at JD will take note -- and a few years from now -- that seat will be an OPTION for the 2000 series tractors.

AKfish

/ SE SEAT FOR MY 2520 #27  
I have finally had the chance to install this seat and have had to do it different. I do not have a metal cutting band saw (yet) so I had to grind forever but the results satisfy me. I have not posted pics before but will try. I still need to tweak a few things and disassemble and put back together and will post additional picks,

Well this is driving me nuts. windows xp and I can not copy and past the pics and the file does not say open. Work with me and I will get this working. I have tried the manage attachments but have no options when I copy pics yet.
Sorry but the seat does work well.
Perseverance, like grinding will get this figured out.
Bob

/ SE SEAT FOR MY 2520 #28  
I am still trying so here goes.

Attachments

• 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 472
   / SE SEAT FOR MY 2520 #29  
that seemed to work so I will try the others,

/ SE SEAT FOR MY 2520 #30  
I tried to post other pics and was informed that it seamed to be duplicate. The pic does not show material removed so will try again later and hopefully get this right. I need a break.
Bob