Search engine

/ Search engine #31  
Maybe yes, maybe no. Our ISP has a near bulletproof spam filtration system, and has for years. I haven't had one pc or laptop run off my home network that has had any problems related to spam, viruses, spyware, etc. Sometimes if nothing shows up nothing got through. YMMV.:confused3:
Nothing getting to your PC for AVG to stop is more likely the case. If things were getting through to your PC you would hopefully see more instances of action in AVG. The numbers you submitted only show that it is not finding anything to take action against. It doesn't prove it is working.

/ Search engine
Update.

I don't know exactly what got rid of the Yahoo bullsh*t, but it has not shown up as of to day.

I did run CCleaner.

I am thinking what I did, using the search mode to find any instance of Yahoo. At first, found two pages full of Yahoo crap, and only two items on a second day, and now when I enter Yahoo in the search window, it comes up with nothing.

The search engine thing is gone as of now and the computer is working like it should and what I want it to do.

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions.

I was wishing bad things on Yahoo and everybody that works for Yahoo, that the fleas from a thousand camels would infest them for a thousand years.

I wonder how safe it is to do a restore point or back up.

/ Search engine #33  
I'd do a restore point now since you have it running the way you like it.