Searching for a truck I may never find?

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Non-rusted pre-emissions GM 3500 regular cab duramax diesel/allison transmission SRW.

Want one for a snow plow truck.
Prefer the GM D/A drivetrain the best in that era of trucks.
Want reg cab for plowing and maneuverability.
Want one-ton for load capacity, but a 3/4 could work.
Want pre-emissions for obvious reasons.

Have looked on FBM and truck trader for a few weeks.
Found exactly ONE truck and it was a 3/4 ton (2500) and the guy wants a briefcase of cash for it.

If I lived in the southwest, would probably be driving it by now, but in the northeast, these trucks are hard to keep from rusting.

Anyone see one for sale?

Last edited:
   / Searching for a truck I may never find? #3  
Lots a luck! Do you know what years that would be?

/ Searching for a truck I may never find?
Lots a luck! Do you know what years that would be?
Preferred is ‘06-‘07 to get the best version of the Duramax but still be pre-emissions.
Funny that I owned an ‘07 3500 and sold it in 2013

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #5  
I didn't think the duramax's had that type of life span from that era to be around still.

either head gaskets cooked or fuel systems dead

Would be like looking for a 6.0/6.4 ford that's not been hacked on

I wanted specifically a 2wd dually when I was looking for a truck and any that popped up were used as hot shots with 500k+ miles

I didn't think the duramax's had that type of life span from that era to be around still.

either head gaskets cooked or fuel systems dead
I have found dozens with 250-500,000 miles on original drivetrain. The fuel system was susceptible to lines rusting, though. Not too terrible to replace.
Would be like looking for a 6.0/6.4 ford that's not been hacked on

Oh heavens hahaha no way. :LOL: I had 3 of those trucks. Gosh-awful engines. Wouldn’t go 125K without repairs or thousands in modifications. Worst diesel engines ever offered to the general public in the last 25 years. Transmission was good though. And the cab usually didn’t rust as bad as GM.
I wanted specifically a 2wd dually when I was looking for a truck and any that popped up were used as hot shots with 500k+ miles

Yeah well that is kind of like where I am at. There’s plent of duramax/allisons out there, but very few one ton regular cab single rear wheel.

Good luck. Great taste, but you're looking for a lot of folks unicorn.
No doubt!
I found one not too far from where I live, but extra-salty on the price

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #9  
I'm guessing somewhere around $20k plus or minus a few k?

Yep. A well loved one is 20K +
A rust bucket is 10-15k.

What I am wondering is if my brothers in AZ, SoCAL, etc are tripping over them and theres a lot of them in those areas that I could chose from?

My only problem seems to be rust, which is typically minimal in the southwest.