Searching not responding...

/ Searching not responding... #1  

riptides

Tractor
Kubota ZTR, RTV, MX6000
I am trying to do a search, by display name, any time frame...
It just sits around, until I get bored.

And I am not on dial-up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Searching not responding... #2  
It works fine for me. I am on dialup. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Searching not responding... #3  
I tried a simple search and it did not want to bring back the results for me either.

Dialup/DSL/Cable shouldn't matter in this case. The search portion of the process is done on the web server.

/ Searching not responding... #4  
I am getting intermitent sluggish response from all functions.

I don't think Mike was being serious with the dialup crack. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Searching not responding... #5  
Sorry about that. Automated scripts perform various routine maintenance on TBN each night to rebuild our databases --- so you CAN search the rest of the time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Doing the rebuilds on several gigs of data is a pretty heavy load. It goes from around 3 am and runs for ten to twenty minutes, sometiems longer. If you try to search when that maintenance is going on, it will ... do exactly what you describe.

I just ran a search it it returned the results in less than a second.

/ Searching not responding...
Thank you.

I will adjust my day accordingly to get the most out of my TBN time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have a habit of resurrecting old threads, and found what I was looking for this am.

-Appreciated.
-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif