Sears Sickle Mower

/ Sears Sickle Mower #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
I have a 1972 Sears ST16 garden tractor that my father bought brand new. I actually learned how to drive on it! It still runs and works!
I知 thinking of finding a sears sickle bar mower for it. I have a ditch that needs to be mowed. Anyone have any experience with one? What model would fit the ST16?
Thanks

/ Sears Sickle Mower #2  
Good luck finding one. They're out there but the people who have them either won't part with them or want big dollars. I'm thinking they fit all the larger framed Sears tractors up to the later 70's early 80's.

/ Sears Sickle Mower #3  
Too bad you don't live closer to Central Ohio. A fellow I've bought a few items from has an SS16, complete with, I believe a 50" Haban Sickle bar mower for $450-$475. Hasn't ran in a "couple"of years according to his ad on Facebook Market place. Doesn't look like it would take that much to get it running. Nothing say's there is anything wrong with owning 2 of them, if you have room to store it, plus free's up the one you have, to do other chores, where the mower may get in the way. And as mentioned, I've seen those mowers go for way more money, than he is asking for this complete outfit.