Seat Belt Buckle

/ Seat Belt Buckle #1  

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
I had my seat belt buckle stick couple of times before and cleaning with a little WD40 it seem to work alright thru the years./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Well there I sat on the tractor buckle in and that darn buckle wouldn't release. /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif
No tools or spray in reaching distance and the lights were off in the barn /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif I had no choice to use my trusty pocket knife. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Removing the buckle strap from the frame was a chore,and I'm sure it will cost $$ to replace.
Anybody else have a problem like this,and if so what was your cure?

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Seat Belt Buckle #2  
Thomas, I've never had that problem, but quite awhile back I posted a message about my seat belt retractor preventing my pulling it out far enough to buckle at times, and it was pretty easy to remove it from the tractor, open it up, and clean it out and it worked smoothly again.

Bird

/ Seat Belt Buckle #3  
Thomas -
Interesting. The only flaw I've discovered in my "new" 2500 is that the seat belt buckle is difficult to engage. Sometimes I have to fuss with it for quite a while before it will latch properly. Hadn't thought about it not releasing. Fortunately I always carry my Swiss Army Seatbelt Remover.

If this is typical of Kubota seatbelts, I might consider replacing the whole thing with another brand. Anybody done that yet?

Bird -
Another approach to the retractor problem might be, well... have you heard of the Zone Diet? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Cheap shot, but boy did you leave yourself open on that one! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Seat Belt Buckle #4  
Yes he did leave himself open on that one---I'll be very careful on my posts to cover my butt if my seatbelt won't---can you say slimfast./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ Seat Belt Buckle #5  
Dang, with you guys I need to be more careful about my selection of words./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Seat Belt Buckle #6  
Harv, the seatbelt buckle on my L2650 is a pain too. It is real hard to latch. Just never thought much about it till you said something.

/ Seat Belt Buckle #7  
"Al night long I held a grudge- her safety belt just wouldn't budge---can you imagine the way I felt? I couldn't unfasten her safety belt" A song from the 50's /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Sam

"I love the smell of diesel in the morning."
Cummins powered 24V Dodge Rams rule!

/ Seat Belt Buckle #8  
Riding along in my calaboose
Still trying to get her belt a-loose
No Particular Place To Go By Mr. Chuck Berry/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif
ErnieB

/ Seat Belt Buckle #9  
Thomas, I suppose if I had the option of it not releasing, or not catching, I would take the no release situation when I was using the tractor, getting out can always be accomplished, as you sucessfully accomplished. I replaced a belt in my pickup that would unexplainedly release all on its own...not good.
You may wish to try a little wax on the male insert tab, particularly where the lock plate drops in..it may well take care of it. This trick also works on door latches, where the 'star wheel' hits the lock post, as well as the 'guide' plate.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by scruffy on 10/22/00 09:53 PM.</FONT></P>