seat springs. Kubota grand L seat

/ seat springs. Kubota grand L seat #11  
I have mine adjusted so it does not bottom out, I'm 190lbs. Are you guys sure your are turning the adjustment knob the right way? I will measure how far I have the knob turned out tomorrow and so you guys can try it.

/ seat springs. Kubota grand L seat #12  
Yep i am positive. The springs are just too weak.

/ seat springs. Kubota grand L seat #13  
My grand L, with cab, I weigh 230 ish...bottom out only when I'm driving too fast over too rough ground for no good reason. When I first got tractor, bottomed out all the time until I discovered the knob under the seat that adjusts spring tension...twisted it tight and solved the problem.

/ seat springs. Kubota grand L seat #14  
I wonder if cabbed models have a different seat??

/ seat springs. Kubota grand L seat #15  
When I had my 2008 Kubota GL4240HSTC the seat was good. Yes their were times it bottomed out but it was rare. The foam In the seat was soft and comfy as well.
When I got the 2011 Kubota GL 5740 HSTC I knew something was differant the minute I sat it it. The seat felt as hard as a rock. It bottomed out twice as much as the 4240's seat even when the spring tention was wound up as tight as it could go but when I had to travel the machine that's when life in the then 20 hour tractor was miserable.
I knew then I had to do something about it and after many hours of research I ended up installing the Grammer air ride seat. Yes it wasn't an easy install because the seat I used was never installed in a tractor like it before but now that I have 115 hours on the machine I can say it was hands down the best thing I ever did to this tractor.
I guess Kubota heard all the complaining because the air ride seat is offered as an option in the new 60 series tractors.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    913.7 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:
   / seat springs. Kubota grand L seat #16  
I have a 3240 no cab and can adjust it so it won't bottom out. I'm 6'2'' and 260 and adjust the seat so it only bottoms out on the worst bumps. Sounds like something is wrong with yours. :confused3::confused3:

Jeff

/ seat springs. Kubota grand L seat #17  
after losing 85 lbs I havent found mine bottoming out like it used to. Still cranked up tight. Open station L5740.. Maybe replacing the spring would be the first place to start.

/ seat springs. Kubota grand L seat
I checked last night. The knob is cranked as far as it will go and the bracket holding the springs is pulled up tight against the seat frame. The springs are stretched as far a they can be pulled. I sat down and bounced just a bit and it was very easy to bottom the seat but it seemed to squeak a bit. I lubed it up with WD40. Bad Idea. Now it bottoms even easier but at least it doesn't squeak.. I am going to see if I can find stronger springs or perhaps add a couple of smaller diameter springs inside the factory springs. The springs just aren't strong enough. I'm not going to spring for an air ride seat. I'd like to but...

more info, for what it's worth.
Spoke to my dealer this morning and asked about this issue. He said he is aware of the problem and has a lot of fella's complaining about the same thing. There is not, at this time, a fix from kubota but it is being addressed.

Last edited:
   / seat springs. Kubota grand L seat #19  
I checked mine. I have 9/16" of threads between the seat base and where it pulls on the springs.

/ seat springs. Kubota grand L seat
Maybe I should note that my tractor is a ROPS, not a cab. Don't know if the seats are different.

94BULLIT, I see your tractor is a 2012 model. Maybe they changed the springs on the later model. Mine is a 2010 and the "spring puller hootie" is pulled solid up against the seat frame in the front. No more adjustment.