Second owner of a 5264D. What are my chances of CC paying for my shift kit?

/ Second owner of a 5264D. What are my chances of CC paying for my shift kit? #21  
Fantastic News! I'm glad to see your patience come through for you. Well deserved!

/ Second owner of a 5264D. What are my chances of CC paying for my shift kit?
You definately get treated the way you treat others.
It would have been around 1300 dollars by the time they re-filled the trans with the stupid-expensive Cub Cadet hydraulic fluid.

/ Second owner of a 5264D. What are my chances of CC paying for my shift kit? #23  
WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I just FINALLY got in touch with Gary MacPhail again.......

Parts AND LABOR............... 100% COVERED!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

Cub Cadet customer service FTW!!!!!!!!!

I'm playin' the lottery today fellas!

Wow....the faith is restored!!!!

Wow....the faith is restored!!!!

I called my service center (didn't even buy it there) and they had already spoken to the rep. CC is even covering the trans fluid!
I have to wait two weeks for them to start pulling the trans because they are slammed with "regular" service jobs right now.
I'll GLADLY pay the neighbor kid to mow our yard with his dads tractor untill mine is done. A small price to pay, all things considered.:thumbsup:

/ Second owner of a 5264D. What are my chances of CC paying for my shift kit? #25  
That's really great news and I am happy for you. I am also happy that Cub has stood by you on this. They have taken a beating over the 5000 and 6000 series tractors but it appears they understand that standing behind them will help their reputation and sales of their new models.

I agree that your attitude and patience was also a contributing factor to this happy ending. By being polite and patient you allowed the Cub people to do the right thing and everybody wins. I'm sure that nobody at Cub deliberately wants to see someone stuck with an expensive problem but at times they have to make difficult decisions about out-of-warranty repairs.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Enjoy your tractor!

JN

The service center manager said that the Gary, from CC, said that while they were happy to do the right thing...... they also want to avoid any possible lawsuits. ;)
He must have made up his mind when I told him that the machine popped out of gear and freewheeled down the hill backwards when my 14 year old daughter was mowing.
Fortunately, I was a heavy equipment operator for 13 years, & went over what to do and how to do it in case of emergency for a whole day before she was allowed to mow on the level part of the lawn.
She had cut the slope a few times verrrry slowly & was tired of low range.
The second time she was allowed to mow the whole property in high range it popped out of gear. I was watching her & had to yell for her to hit the service brake. I doubt she'll want to try again this season..... and I'm fine with that. 'Cause it's MY tractor! :laughing:

/ Second owner of a 5264D. What are my chances of CC paying for my shift kit? #27  
I am having similar problems, bought it used from a dealer in MN, I live in NE and was wondering if you had Gary MacPhails number handy or is he your local rep. Or did you call CC customer service on line?

Thanks, Matt

I am having similar problems, bought it used from a dealer in MN, I live in NE and was wondering if you had Gary MacPhails number handy or is he your local rep. Or did you call CC customer service on line?

Thanks, Matt

1 (800) 965-4282

that's the number I called. You'll get bounced around the phone lines fir a bit, but as soon as you get a live person you can ask for gary. Good luck

/ Second owner of a 5264D. What are my chances of CC paying for my shift kit? #29  
Thank you!