Securing a UTV on a trailer

/ Securing a UTV on a trailer #11  
1407091389383.jpg

This?

/ Securing a UTV on a trailer #12  
Wheel bonnets are worth the hassle, even the over the wheel with a single ratchet is worth upgrading. fighting the suspension is always going to be a losing battle not to mention having to replace worn out springs sooner.

/ Securing a UTV on a trailer #13  
When I haul my Kawasaki TansMule, I run one strap over the front axle unit part of the frame. Then I run the other strap over the floor boards in front of the seat. I feel the second strap compresses the suspension enough to stop it from bouncing around on its own when being towed. My fear is that if the body can bounce and bend, it's more likely to pull free.

/ Securing a UTV on a trailer #15  
   / Securing a UTV on a trailer
I ordered the straps from us cargo control but have not received them yet. I have seen this style used by car haulers. The loop cinches the tire as it is tightened and it is pulling down so I don't think it can slip off the top.

/ Securing a UTV on a trailer #18  
I ordered the straps from us cargo control but have not received them yet. I have seen this style used by car haulers. The loop cinches the tire as it is tightened and it is pulling down so I don't think it can slip off the top.

be careful if your straps get really muddy often, they can tend to slip a bit if you dont have a full wrap on the ratchet drum.

/ Securing a UTV on a trailer #19  
Is it enough to keep the vehicle from rolling front to back? It looks like a lot of sideways tension when in stop & go traffic. I ask because I just don't know.

/ Securing a UTV on a trailer #20  
I use to have the same problem but didn't want to spend the money for the over the tire straps. I have a 2" receiver on the front and back of my side by side. The hooks from the ratchet straps will go into the holes for the draw bar pin. To get them in and out you have to twist them in an odd way. Because of this they can't come out if they loosen up. On the trailer side I just use shackles through the loop on the hook and the D-ring. Now I don't need to crank it down trying to compress the springs enough not to loose a strap. I use good quality 1" straps. I don't think I could get the hooks of a larger strap into the holes on the receiver.