Securing your tractor

/ Securing your tractor #21  
I am in security/burglar alarm business. Often need to protect big objects in harsh enviroments, like outdoors. If you are handy with elec. look for something called a magnetic pull apart. It is basically a plastic socket with internal magnet and a plug with built in switch and 2 or 3 ft cord. With plug in socket the switch is closed and when unplugged or the wire is cut the switch/circuit is open. You don't need an alarm. You can use tractor power thru the switch to drive a low current relay which can drive high power -110volt stuff. Think about how the a'cond works except the thermostat is the plug in switch and wire. Even works if they disconnect the battery to steal it.

/ Securing your tractor #22  
I havn't met a safety switch that couldn't be defeated with a pair of dykes or a paperclip.... the cruel reality is that if you are not there to guard it.. and somebody wants it.. they will get it. Fancy lockouts or not. I've bought auction tractors, and cut every wire and electric device off of it and purchased / installed a factory wire harness and new electricals.... thief could do the same.. so what if he has to spend 1k$ to get a 33k$ tractor right?

Soundguy

/ Securing your tractor #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( .... thief could do the same.. so what if he has to spend 1k$ to get a 33k$ tractor right?)</font>

That same guy probably wouldn't spend the $1000. He'd probably steal that stuff too!

/ Securing your tractor #24  
This is the fuel lock on my Massey Ferguson. Can be put anywhere in the fuel line.

Attachments

• 827169-diesellås1.jpg
    827169-diesellås1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 358
   / Securing your tractor #25  
one more

Attachments

• 827175-diesellås.jpg
    827175-diesellås.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 297
   / Securing your tractor #26  
Park 'em in a safe place! Musta found a nice safe place for mine. In fact, it's so safe, no one has bothered the tractors OR the big, snarling German Shepard that sleeps in the same building.

/ Securing your tractor #27  
SoundGuy

What is a smoke wrench? Never heard of one.

/ Securing your tractor #28  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
What is a smoke wrench?
)</font>

I suspect the author was referring to an oxygen-acetylene torch -- those rigs we used to use a lot before plasma cutters and MIG welders became more prevalent.

/ Securing your tractor #29  
Same as a gas hatchet......

J.M.H.

/ Securing your tractor #30  
yes the smoke wrech, however, shop I was working at thought they had it figured out. They had the bottles out and the torches were all locked up. Well this was no issue. They brought a small genny/arc welder and burned the locks off with 5P rods and presumably cranking the heat all the way up. Its amazing how quick you can cut a lock this way. After seeing that I was truely convinced you cant be totally secure. Just works to keep honest folk out