Seeders Seed drill for horse pasture advice

/ Seed drill for horse pasture advice
Thank you all for responding to my question. The suggestions have been very helpful. First time I have posted on this forum and am amazed at how many people responded with sincere help.
Sincerely, Scott

/ Seed drill for horse pasture advice #13  
I hope you're right FWJ, about the slit seeder... Been wanting to try one for several years. My local New Holand dealer has a Landpride they rent for $175.00 per day.

Recently I saw an Olathe (Toro) slit seeder on Craigslist. Guy said "make offer". Being it sat outside for quite a while, and not sure what the cutters, disks, and drop tubes looked like, I made an offer over the phone, and it seemed to be within reason, so went to look... Although it is not pretty, the cutters, disc's, and drop tubes are all there, and seem to be in decent condition, except for some surface rust. I'll probably replace the one short #40 roller drive chain, which I just happen to have a new full 10' roll I got in a box of "stuff" at an auction...

Check out my $100.00 slit seeder... It's only 50", but should work well for my 2 1/2 acres of pasture, and 4 acre hay field.

Attachments

• Olathe Aerator-Seeder 002.jpg
    Olathe Aerator-Seeder 002.jpg
    725.8 KB · Views: 491
  • Olathe Aerator-Seeder 001.jpg
    Olathe Aerator-Seeder 001.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 591
   / Seed drill for horse pasture advice #14  
Are sections a different size in Canada?

No I just forgot how many acres they were at the time, they are 320 here as well.

/ Seed drill for horse pasture advice #16  
   / Seed drill for horse pasture advice #17  
DJ54,

So how has the slit seeder worked out for you. I am in need of something like that and would really appreciate hearing how it is working for you. I wish I could get something for that price.

/ Seed drill for horse pasture advice #18  
here is two overseeders that i use, left is a befco 5 ft slit seeder ,two seed hopper, right is a ryan 4 ft slit seeder one hopper .

Attachments

• overseeders.jpg
    overseeders.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 361
   / Seed drill for horse pasture advice #19  
here is two that i sold one is a 6 ft gill pulverizer seeder, other is a 4 ft jocobsen slitseeder .added that money to get a landpride 6 ft power rake .

Attachments

• gill 1.jpg
    gill 1.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 309
  • seeder 3.jpg
    seeder 3.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 278
   / Seed drill for horse pasture advice #20  
Haven't had a chance to use it yet. It will now probably be Sept. before I try it out.

So how has the slit seeder worked out for you. I am in need of something like that and would really appreciate hearing how it is working for you. I wish I could get something for that price.[/QUOTE]