seeder box on a disc?

/ seeder box on a disc? #1  

saltbranch

Silver Member
Saw a guy using this setup yesterday. Cross cut disc with seeder box mounted in middle between the gangs. Has anyone built one of these here Or used a setup like this?

/ seeder box on a disc? #3  
I used to make something like the disk a few years ago for deer hunters. I would go to the auctions and buy a a few tandem disks at each one. I used to buy these little 12 volt atv fertilizer spreaders. I mounted it up overh the 3 point and had a tin box around it the width of the disk. The spreader would sen out the the seed and let it hit the box and fall straight down for the disk to cut in.

/ seeder box on a disc? #5  
I used to make something like the disk a few years ago for deer hunters. I would go to the auctions and buy a a few tandem disks at each one. I used to buy these little 12 volt atv fertilizer spreaders. I mounted it up overh the 3 point and had a tin box around it the width of the disk. The spreader would sen out the the seed and let it hit the box and fall straight down for the disk to cut in.

A few years ago, when Woods first started marketing a 3-point disc, they had a disc/seeder/drag unit at the National Farm Machinery Show. It used a 12v Herd seeder mounted on a 7' 3-point disc, with a tine attachment mounted on the rear. It was intended to use planting native grass/wildlife food plots. I am unable to find any link to Woods that shows the set-up they offered. Maybe it wasn't an item they sold, just an example of what you could do with their disc.....

/ seeder box on a disc?
We have an old seeder that about the only left on it savagable is the seeder box and auger. Make it to mount on the disc and plant grass seed would be the goal. have the seed drop between the gangs and rear gang cut it in/cover...think it would work?
Thinking use a 12 volt motor to turn the seed auger...what kind of RPM do you want the auger to turn?

/ seeder box on a disc?
A few years ago, when Woods first started marketing a 3-point disc, they had a disc/seeder/drag unit at the National Farm Machinery Show. It used a 12v Herd seeder mounted on a 7' 3-point disc, with a tine attachment mounted on the rear. It was intended to use planting native grass/wildlife food plots. I am unable to find any link to Woods that shows the set-up they offered. Maybe it wasn't an item they sold, just an example of what you could do with their disc.....

is this it?

Attachments

• plotmaster.PNG
    plotmaster.PNG
    100.6 KB · Views: 520
   / seeder box on a disc? #8  
is this it?

That's not the one I saw at the NFMS, but it would work! What I saw was a standard 3-point hitch tandem disc w/a Herd rotary seeder on top, and a tine bar (very similar) to what you show attached to the rear of the disc.

/ seeder box on a disc? #9  
land imprinter and seeder
that was a pretty cool write up. thanks for that link.