Seeking info on Long 2510

/ Seeking info on Long 2510 #11  
Jd5210

States he was only able to locate parts for Long tractor at only one site.

If you type in LONG TRACTOR PARTS you will find there are a ample amount of
sites that specialize in parts for Long tractors.

You can also type in Long tractor parts on E-bay and several parts will be available to view. E-bay is a great source to start your search for Long parts.

The ROPS on my Long w/ canopy appear to be well made and very strong and meets or exceeds requirements for roll over protection.

I understand jd5210 was viewing a picture of a 2510 Tractor , it's a little difficult
to make a determination this way, as a picture is not the real thing.

As far as the brakes are concerned you must feel safe and comfortable or you won't be happy. This is something that you can only decide.Good luck.

Sincerely, Duke

/ Seeking info on Long 2510 #12  
If you would of read my post clearly, it was wholesalers I was talking about, your talking retailers, the place where those guys get their parts. Wanted to show that resources are out there on a wholesale level for parts. If you go on there site, they can send you to a participating dealer. By the way, you're talking to an experienced past dealer that sold and serviced these tractors for many years, also used them in the fields. How many Longs have you sold and repaired?.
The dry brake bands hold very well, but not as good as wet . Look for oil leakage under the brake housing area. The bands could be oil soaked, letting them slip. Also, dry brake band grindings fall below, in the housing. Wet brake filings fall in your hydraulic transmission oil, Mixing through the entire system, including the hydraulic pump. Their are pros and cons to both types.