Seeking Source of Supply - OEM MMM Parts

/ Seeking Source of Supply - OEM MMM Parts #1  

Tinkerman

Tractor
Yanmar 187D/4WD
Well, the grass was a bit long, and there were leaves on the ground -- I hit a surfaced root from an odd angle and busted up a shaft on my Yanmar MMM (fits on a YM 187D). Before I go to a machine shop and pay big $$ to have one fabriated, is anyone aware of a source of supply for Yanmar mower deck parts? It seems that my configuation is not real common...BTW, I bent the shaft and broke the shaft at the base where it's welded to the blade mount.

For reference, the deck is model number YCM 60 A 218-795-0060A. The part needed is the center drive shaft (top pulley driven from the front PTO, and also drives center blade and two splined pulleys for each side's blade). It is a 3/4" shaft, about 7 1/2 inches long (couple inches of keyed groove on the top) with the blade mount welded on the base of it.

While it is late in the season, I still would like to get it repaired since I need the mower deck so I can use my Trac-Vac for the leaves.

If anyone has a recommendation, I would apprecaite it.

Many thanks,

Michael

/ Seeking Source of Supply - OEM MMM Parts #2  
Michael,
Any Yanmar dealer that sold tractors should be able to provide parts for you. I have a YMM-45 Yanmar belly mower on my gray market YM1301D. The deck was OEM on the YM135, YM155, and YM155D tractors. The dealer I bought it from provided a manual for me which included a parts diagram with part numbers. I have had to replace an idler pulley, and order the shaft stub that bolts to the crank pulley. He had no problems getting the parts for me.

Find your closest Yanmar dealer and see if he will gets parts for you. I would definately get the manual if he can provide it. If you cannot find a local dealer, then you can contact the Yanmar dealer I use near Lancaster, PA:

Lawn Care Equipment Center, LLP
P.O. Box 340
Martindale, PA 17549
717-445-4541

Ask for Ray in parts - he's great.

/ Seeking Source of Supply - OEM MMM Parts #3  
Michael,
You can visit <A target="_blank" HREF=http://agcocorpdealers.com/LAWNCARE/>Lawn Care Equipment</A>.

To find the closest Yanmar dealer, visit <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.yanmar.com/dealers/tractor/index.html>Yanmar Tractors</A>.

Here is a pic of my YM1301D with YMM-45 belly mower.

Attachments

• 49-205794-1301Dmm1.jpg
    49-205794-1301Dmm1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 518
   / Seeking Source of Supply - OEM MMM Parts
Greg,

Thank you for this recommendation. I bought my Yanmar through a private sale and haven't located a dealer in my area (KCMO) yet. Interesting though -- My Dad lives near Lancaster, PA, and may get volunteered to do some local legwork on my behalf ;-)

Thanks again,

Michael

/ Seeking Source of Supply - OEM MMM Parts #5  
By the way, I saw a YM187D with the 60" belly mower at a yard sale this summer. That's a really nice setup. I liked the front pto because it doesn't mount to the front of the bumper like mine. Right now, the electric clutch interfers with the cross brace on the loader, so I have to remove the clutch to use the loader - bummer...

If you're interested, here's <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/gregbirkymustang/>my web site</A> with some photos of my tractors.

/ Seeking Source of Supply - OEM MMM Parts
Greg,

Some nice pictures on your web site -- I like your FEL but didn't understand the cable set up that's on the rear lift arms... It's curious that your OEM MMM is green/grey...Mine 60" is red, picture attached. I swear by (not at) my l'il red tractor, just upsets me that I've 'hurt' her.

Regards,

Michael

Attachments

• 49-205922-lilred.JPG
    49-205922-lilred.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 414
   / Seeking Source of Supply - OEM MMM Parts #7  
Michael,
The cables run from the upper 3pt lift arms down around the sheaves you see in that photo, then forward around sheaves on the mower deck and then up to the tractor frame. When you lift the 3pt, it pulls the cables which then lifts the deck. I use a similar setup to lift the snow blade I use on the tractor.

As for the color of the deck, that is the original color of the Yanmar YM135, YM155, and YM155D so the deck matched the color of the tractors for which it was made. The older gray market tractors were also the same green color. Yanmar changed to red at some point - I think the YM165 (just a little newer 155) was red.