Seeking Words of Wisdom from Former L39/Current L45 Owners

/ Seeking Words of Wisdom from Former L39/Current L45 Owners #12  
Thanks Onderdog. My posting skills have not progressed to the point that I can include links.

Lauren

/ Seeking Words of Wisdom from Former L39/Current L45 Owners
Thanks Onderdog. My posting skills have not progressed to the point that I can include links.

Lauren

Thank you SO much for your post. I will definitely try out the Auto DS setting tomorrow. I was playing with the machine today, and I did enjoy it. My wife really likes the simplicity of the HST+ compared to the GST.

I actually showed the L39 to a potential buyer today. He is working out financing. He took to the GST rather quickly, but then I demonstrated how I switch loader buckets and he was in awe with how fast I could operate the GST. I have become very proficient with it in ~100 hours.

I am sure I am just hesitant with the HST+ since it is just "different" from what I am used to.

ac

I'm ~4 mins into the video...I wish the L45 had cruise control! LOL

ac

/ Seeking Words of Wisdom from Former L39/Current L45 Owners #15  
I have an L39 with 1600 Hours. Quoting "I do not know the technical details but I have read a couple of posts on here indicating that the L39 front axle is a little weak for the loader capacity and that the L45 has a beefed up front axle." The details are that the L45 front axles is an M seriers front axle design, 5 bolt flange and larger sun gear. I broke the spindle of my L39 placing a +2500 lb rock on the bucket with my excavator. I wish Kubota would upgrade the L39 front axle and the loader curl cylinders to the L45 Design. If I ever have to replace the L39 curl cyliners, i will have a set made, as Kubota is too greedy with their parts pricing.

Kubota could also fit 16-20 tires to the rear and 10.5 x 16.5 to the fronts so that the rear tire diameter goes from 40" to 43" and the fronts from 27" to 29" dia. to give a bit more flotation on soft ground.
The back hoe is really strong for its size, but I wish it were as smooth to operate as an excavator. Then again the Kubota, is much smoother than a lot of Ag. back hoe attachments.

Does anyone make a reasonable priced soft cab for the L39-L45? I can not undestand why Kubota does not offer a CAB, expecially an easily removable soft cab. I freeze while plowing, even with an electric vest.

Overall they are both very good small TLB tractors. I think the HST Plus is neat, I get along with GST, as it sure beats a stanard transmission. Good HST Video, thanks.

$600 and a lot of labor & I have a good plow

Attachments

• P1010988.jpg
    P1010988.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 248
  • P1010989.jpg
    P1010989.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 156
  • P1010990.jpg
    P1010990.jpg
    711.1 KB · Views: 811
Last edited:
I have an L39 with 1600 Hours. Quoting "I do not know the technical details but I have read a couple of posts on here indicating that the L39 front axle is a little weak for the loader capacity and that the L45 has a beefed up front axle." The details are that the L45 front axles is an M seriers front axle design, 5 bolt flange and larger sun gear. I broke the spindle of my L39 placing a +2500 lb rock on the bucket with my excavator. I wish Kubota would upgrade the L39 front axle and the loader curl cylinders to the L45 Design. If I ever have to replace the L39 curl cyliners, i will have a set made, as Kubota is too greedy with their parts pricing.

Kubota could also fit 16-20 tires to the rear and 10.5 x 16.5 to the fronts so that the rear tire diameter goes from 40" to 43" and the fronts from 27" to 29" dia. to give a bit more flotation on soft ground.
The back hoe is really strong for its size, but I wish it were as smooth to operate as an excavator. Then again the Kubota, is much smoother than a lot of Ag. back hoe attachments.

Does anyone make a reasonable priced soft cab for the L39-L45? I can not undestand why Kubota does not offer a CAB, expecially an easily removable soft cab. I freeze while plowing, even with an electric vest.

Overall they are both very good small TLB tractors. I think the HST Plus is neat, I get along with GST, as it sure beats a stanard transmission. Good HST Video, thanks.

$600 and a lot of labor & I have a good plow

The front axle was something I noticed instantly on the L45. It is SIGNIFICANTLY more beefy than the L39. I think it also hinders turning radius a fair bit, though. The L39 is something like 7' and the L45 is 11'.

I have a soft cab for my L39. Welcome to USA Tractor Cabs :: Vinyl and Acrylic Tractor Cabs Not cheap (at least I didn't feel it was), but quality is impeccable.

ac

/ Seeking Words of Wisdom from Former L39/Current L45 Owners #17  
Not to hijack the thread but I watched the video. It's the first time I've heard about the HST Plus. For me, it seems like a lot of extra things that I don't need to go wrong with the tractor. I do think the auto throttle advance it kinda cool though. What will happen to all those electronics if I let the tractor sit out in the rain for a few months like I often do?

Kevin

/ Seeking Words of Wisdom from Former L39/Current L45 Owners #18  
Not to hijack the thread but I watched the video. It's the first time I've heard about the HST Plus. For me, it seems like a lot of extra things that I don't need to go wrong with the tractor. I do think the auto throttle advance it kinda cool though. What will happen to all those electronics if I let the tractor sit out in the rain for a few months like I often do?

Kevin
If you used HST+ for 5 minutes you would love it. I would think that since it is a tractor the electronics should be designed to get wet.

/ Seeking Words of Wisdom from Former L39/Current L45 Owners #19  
The front axle was something I noticed instantly on the L45. It is SIGNIFICANTLY more beefy than the L39. I think it also hinders turning radius a fair bit, though. The L39 is something like 7' and the L45 is 11'.

I have a soft cab for my L39. Welcome to USA Tractor Cabs :: Vinyl and Acrylic Tractor Cabs Not cheap (at least I didn't feel it was), but quality is impeccable.

ac

I never considered turning radius, but I guess that is the only downside havinge a M series front axle on an L series tractor. Thanks for the cab link.