Seemed Like Such A Simple Project

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #111  
I realized on reading the last part of this very entertaining string that I have one of those 3ph cement mixes - it came with the 1951 Ferguson 2085 tractor we bought when we purchased our farm 20 years ago. Just haven't had the time or a good enough reason to try and figure how to mount this unit 'cause the RediMix plant is only 12 minutes away.
Seems silly to me to ask if anyone has any experience with this type of implement 'cause someone always comes through on this board /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. Any insights or suggestion on what to look for (and what not to do) would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bob

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #112  
Well, seems the thread wound down so hope you don't mind me taking it a tad off topic..

MrP:

Where did you get your flagpole? I have been looking at the 20 ft patriot sectional pole available many places online for under 150-200, including sleeve. Figured it would be a good reason to use the phd..

Harv

Did the saltbox shed in the background come with the place or did you build it yourself?

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project
<font color=blue>Did the saltbox shed in the background come with the place or did you build it yourself?</font color=blue>

Everything on the property was built by or for my dad. The oddly shaped structure you see in the pictures is one that Pop built, and it is actually a type of solar-heated greenhouse. The long, sloped side of the roof (south-facing) is all glass, and the opposite wall is lined floor to ceiling with gallon glass jugs filled with water. The water jugs are heated by the sun's rays all day, and at night they give off the heat, keeping a surprisingly constant temperature inside the building.

I can't remember exactly why, but the water in the jugs is colored, and they're not all the same. I think it has to do with regulating how fast/slow each absorbs and then gives up the heat. Somewhere in Pop's stuff I think I came across a book about such houses, but I don't have it with me.

Where did he get so many gallon jugs? Well, let's put it this way... I can't remember a day gone by when both my parents weren't sipping a glass of Gallo wine.
wink.gif

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #114  
Fractal,

My wife gave it to me for my birthday (just after 9/11). She bought it locally in VA (although it was delivered from MN I think). The total cost was about $500 with the flag. The pole is one large piece of aluminum and tapers from 5" to 3" (I think). I would definately recommend it.

I did use the PHD to put it in, however, some shovel work was requred to bell the hole. It's a shame I didn't take a photo journal.

Attachments

• 33-145180-Flag.jpg
    33-145180-Flag.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 158
   / Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #115  
Thats the kind of flag pole I want to put in.......but I'm a little strapped for cash.....so I might go with the lesser priced model and see how it hold up.

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #116  
Nice Pic!!!! Thats a mighty fine view you have there MrP!

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #117  
If you do a little internet shopping, you can put a package together for alot less than it cost me.

Check out:
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.aflag.com/cgi-bin/Web_store/web_store.cgi?page=residential_poles.html&cart_id=3198360.13367>Residential Flagpoles</A>

Although, I think mine may be the commercial grade:
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.aflag.com/cgi-bin/Web_store/web_store.cgi?page=commercial_sizing.html&cart_id=3198360.13367>Commercial Flagpoles</A>

/ Seemed Like Such A Simple Project #118  
I put up a homemade flag pole made out of galvanized pipe. It's a lot cheaper and looks just fine to me. You can go as big as you like. I used 1 1/2", two sections. If I was going to go three sections I would have used 2" pipe. I buried a 3ft. piece in concrete and the pole slips right in. I can simply pull the pole up if I need to. See pic.

Kevin

Attachments

• 348883-Flag.jpg
    348883-Flag.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 221