sell what you grow

/ sell what you grow #11  
BB1,

We bought our JD4100 specifically to help in our market garden. The 7hp TroyBilt was beginning to take it toll on me and something had to give. So, we dove right in and bought the JD4100 with what we thought we would need. Just look at my profile and you will see the particulars.

Our primary crops are Basil, pickling cucumbers, onions, and potatoes. Tomatoes are not all that profitable in our area so we grow them for ourselves, friends, and sell a few at the market. We also have raspberries, strawberries, sweet potatoes, kale, collards, swiss chard, spinach, green beens, various dry beans, sweet peas, edible pod peas, zucchini, a couple varieties of beets, leeks, rhubarb, and bell peppers.

Terry

/ sell what you grow #12  
Had a neighbor once in S. La. that had a real nice house, a couple of nice suv's and motorcycles and boats. Got it all from selling his crops. I think that he is doing 10 to 20 yrs now. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ sell what you grow #13  
<font color=blue>I think that he is doing 10 to 20 yrs now.</font color=blue>/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

Yeah, the IRS will sure get you for not paying taxes./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ sell what you grow #14  
Actually I think that it was the crop that he was selling that did him in. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ sell what you grow #15  
You mentioned Zucchini. I have a friend who wanted to plant a garden for the first time, and he got all his plants. Well he didn't know about the Zucchini thing, and he planted 12 of them. He soon found out new ways to use Zucchini, and had people sidestepping him for a while. Everybody had a seat full at church, at work, and even in the mall parking lot. He doesn't garden anymore.

/ sell what you grow #16  
zuccini and squash...no matter how poorly the growing season, or how much I ignore my garden, we always have plenty of that./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ sell what you grow #17  
ejb, I've had more zucchini that we could use, sell, or give away every year except this past year. Since we've always had too much, I only planted about half as much last year, it came up, looked great, then all the plants just started wilting down and dying and I have no idea why. I think I got 3 zucchini before they all died. And yet the yellow squash just did fine. At any rate, most of my garden is up and looking better than I expected it to this year, so we'll see what happens.

/ sell what you grow #19  
Bird, Must be nice to play outside. Up north here its too wet, and too cool. I think I'm looking at the middle of April maybe later for plant cold weather stuff. I'm afraid it will rot in the ground. Good Luck with the garden, and send me some early tomatoes. Kent

/ sell what you grow
Terry,
I have been trying to make do with my rototiller for the past five years but is becoming too much work.My father in law has been spraying my peach and cherry trees with his TL100 but will be retiring in the next couple of years.The big New Holland would be much more than I would be able to justify so I am looking into the TC45D or the TC50 that will be out this fall. I need at least 35 pto hp to run the sprayer. I hope to purchase this fall or next spring. I also grow tomatoes, black raspberries, blackberries,purple raspberries,red currants(europeans seem to like to make sauce for duck from them) as well as peaches and sweet cherries.