Selling a house to be moved.

/ Selling a house to be moved. #51  
You could try advertising in your local newspaper, but I don't know if you will get any better response than you have on Craigslist. Around here it seems like everyone reads Craigslist. Have you gone directly to a housemover and asked them if they have any ideas on who you could sell it to? If they can't help you find a buyer they can at least give you a rough estimate of the cost of moving it and setting it back up.
Someone suggested you talk to your tax person, that may be your best bet.
Good luck and keep us updated.

/ Selling a house to be moved. #52  
Sorry to hear you still have it. I wouldn't spend any money to advertise.

FWIW: in the country you may be able to just light it on fire, or knock it down and then light it on fire.

/ Selling a house to be moved. #53  
Or donate it to the local VFD for fire training, although I have heard that there may be EPA issues with that now, depending on if the house has lead paint, asbestos, etc...

/ Selling a house to be moved. #54  
I looked into moving various old stick framed (timber framed) farm houses.... cost was $10-30K depending on size and distance to move and logistics involved in the move. all were 2-3 story.

I should think you could sell a house for 10K and still be marketable for the person that was going to do the moving.

Permits would eat up that budget here.

/ Selling a house to be moved.
Good Morning all. Just thought I would give an update. The house should be gone by next weekend.... The moving company that another guy contacted about it called me Thursday and came out Friday to look at it. He decided that they want it. They have a lot of land that the store houses on and restore them the sale them. Unfortunately I am getting 0 for the house which kinda stinks but all the upside that $2k property tax bill for a second home will be gone! They are taking all the brick off and leaving that mess for me! They did say they would pile them up were ever I wanted. I guess that is something.

Now I have a decision to make. Should I roll the land in with my house giving me 13 acres or leave the 5 acres seperate. Rolling it in will replace the equity in my house that I used origionally to buy the property. Land around here is hard to come buy in 5 acre increments that has no restrictions. The range in preice per acre is between 20 and 25k which needless to say would be a big payday. But they don't make land anymore so not sure that it would be a good move to sale it right now. My kids are 13 and 11 and this would put a huge dent in college tuition! :) as I am pretty sure the land value around here would increase over the next 5 to 10 years.

Any thought?

Thanks for all of the responses with advice and encouragement. I am so ready for this house to GO!!!!

Wade

/ Selling a house to be moved. #57  
I would leave the 5 acres separate instead of trying to resubdivide it into your 8 acres. If you decide to sell it in the future it would be much easier than trying to resubdivide it back from your 13 acre total.

If property values seem to be going up in your area and 5 acre tracts are at a premium it makes good sense to hold on to it because it will be worth a lot more when your kids start college than it is worth now and with interest rates non-existent at present putting the sale money in the bank would just cause it to lose value.

Put the bricks on Craigslist and someone will come haul them off.

/ Selling a house to be moved. #58  
Good Morning all. Just thought I would give an update. The house should be gone by next weekend.... The moving company that another guy contacted about it called me Thursday and came out Friday to look at it. He decided that they want it. They have a lot of land that the store houses on and restore them the sale them. Unfortunately I am getting 0 for the house which kinda stinks but all the upside that $2k property tax bill for a second home will be gone! They are taking all the brick off and leaving that mess for me! They did say they would pile them up were ever I wanted. I guess that is something.

Now I have a decision to make. Should I roll the land in with my house giving me 13 acres or leave the 5 acres seperate. Rolling it in will replace the equity in my house that I used origionally to buy the property. Land around here is hard to come buy in 5 acre increments that has no restrictions. The range in preice per acre is between 20 and 25k which needless to say would be a big payday. But they don't make land anymore so not sure that it would be a good move to sale it right now. My kids are 13 and 11 and this would put a huge dent in college tuition! :) as I am pretty sure the land value around here would increase over the next 5 to 10 years.

Any thought?

Thanks for all of the responses with advice and encouragement. I am so ready for this house to GO!!!!

Wade

Leave it as a separate lot until the tax bill makes you reconsider. Might happen, might not. Surely easier to maintain it as a separate lot than to have to re-subdivide in the future. That process will not get easier and cheaper as time goes on no matter where you are.

/ Selling a house to be moved.
Thanks guys. Keeping it seperate was pretty much what I was thinking. I would think that the propert tax would drop tremendously once the house is moved and I am just being taxed. on the land.

Dudley,
I placed the add on CL this morning and my mail box is blowing up!! Now I don't know who to give the go ahead to. I guess the first offer I received for taking them all. Several just wanted some. Either way I think I can get rid of them fast.

Wade

/ Selling a house to be moved. #60  
You mentioned a garage earlier. Have you thought of converting it to a shop or barn? The roof structure has value and could be moved to new support structure. Just a thought. JP