selling my B7800

/ selling my B7800 #1  

Earthdog

Tractor
Kubota B7800
B7800 100 hrs, block heater, tooth bar, reinforced bucket with lifting hooks, 6' landpride rake with set wheels, 5' kuhn EL32-150 rototiller, 5' KK brush cutter (never used), weight box, double ring tire chains. I put it up for $17,000 for entire package. I,m being told that I'm way to hi. what do you think? new england area. yes this is killing me to do!

/ selling my B7800 #2  
Earthdog said:
B7800 100 hrs, block heater, tooth bar, reinforced bucket with lifting hooks, 6' landpride rake with set wheels, 5' kuhn EL32-150 rototiller, 5' KK brush cutter (never used), weight box, double ring tire chains. I put it up for $17,000 for entire package. I,m being told that I'm way to hi. what do you think? new england area. yes this is killing me to do!

Have you tried Craigslist; it's free and you will get national coverage in advertising? Also check tractorhouse.com: check the value of your B7800 by selecting tractors under 40 hp., then page down to Kubotas, find your size and compare the prices with and without implements. It will give you a "ballpark" figure on your asking value? They sell on consignment nationwide, with photos also. Hope this helps you?

/ selling my B7800 #3  
It sure doesn't sound to High to me. In fact it sounds like a bargain. Where was that deal last summer. Your problem is someone having the cash. 100 hours is a new tractor. Good luck

/ selling my B7800 #4  
The problem is you are competing with 0% financing from Kubota and need to offer a significant discount to offset the cost of money.

You may want to start selling off the implements on their own. For example somebody may want the rake & cutter, but not the tiller...

/ selling my B7800 #5  
Earthdog said:
hazmat said:
The problem is you are competing with 0% financing from Kubota and need to offer a significant discount to offset the cost of money.

You may want to start selling off the implements on their own. For example somebody may want the rake & cutter, but not the tiller...
You're not too high at all. It is a deal with the included implements.

Zero percent is indeed an attraction but your deal is sweet too. Total package price buying new adds up quickly, where you have a good package offer out on the table.

/ selling my B7800 #6  
I don't think you are too high either although most used Kubota tractors I see for sale in NE have pretty high asking prices IMO. As others have pointed out the real competition for you is a new Kubota with factory financing. You have a nice set of included implements though so if you can sit for a while and advertize in the WantAd as well as on Craig's List I suspect you'll sell. I find the WantAd in NE to be better for tractors than Craig's List.

/ selling my B7800 #7  
I've been running an ad on CL for two weeks. Only one call.
Ran the ad in the local paper. Had a couple calls a day.
Still haven't sold the tractor.

/ selling my B7800 #8  
shane said:

I don't see many tractors listed on CL so in NE that is not the best way to do it. The Want Advertiser has many tractor ads and has been the best way to buy and sell used farm equipment and residential tractors for years in areas within 75 miles or so of Boston. The WANT ADvertiser Online

/ selling my B7800 #9  
shane said:

Anybody come to see it yet?
You do want to be flexible on the price. I know folks here have stated $17K is a good deal, but that depends if they want what you're selling.
Is the tractor setting by the road with a for sale sign on it? Drive by buyers might be a good bet. Just bring the machine close to your house at night to prevent theft.
Any chance of a dealer selling it on commision or consignment?

Bottom line is, how quickly do you want to sell the tractor and implements.

/ selling my B7800 #10  
Earthdog said:

Why are you selling the tractor and implements?