Sensation Self Propelled walk behind Mower

/ Sensation Self Propelled walk behind Mower #1  

shortlid

Silver Member
I have a well built aluminum deck Sensation Self Propelled walk behind mower. It has a badgger rear wheeel drive it is from teh mid-80's witha B&S 187cc engine. Can parts still be had for these machines?:confused:

/ Sensation Self Propelled walk behind Mower
So no one is familiar with the Sensation manufacture.

With a little research I founds out lawn boy bought them out in the 80's they were mainly a commercial mowwer manufacture. Lots of Snapper blades fit them with a adapter. But I need rear tires for it.:confused:

WOW this thing must be a one of a kind odd ball!:mad:

/ Sensation Self Propelled walk behind Mower #5  
I don't recall ever hearing of a "Sensation" mower. LawnBoy was my first choice for walk behind mowers when they were 2-cycle engines made by OMC (Outboard Marine Corporation). In more recent times, LawnBoy was bought out by Toro. I suppose there are some differences between them, but basically, it seems to me that the current crop of LawnBoys are simply green Toros with either Honda or Tecumseh engines. Of course that's not necessarily a bad thing. I currently own a top of the line Toro self-propelled walk behind with a Briggs & Stratton engine and am so far happy with it. And one of my daughters has a Tecumseh powered LawnBoy that's at least 8 years old and still going strong.

/ Sensation Self Propelled walk behind Mower #6  
Bird said:
I currently own a top of the line Toro self-propelled walk behind with a Briggs & Stratton engine and am so far happy with it.

Due to some recent injuries and surgery I needed to have one good self-propelled walk behind mower for alongside my driveway and around some other areas. I ended up buying a Toro 20095 and had the dealer add the Toro BOS (Blade Override System) to it. We won't talk about how much that cost me, but I really like the idea of being able to walk in front of the mower, move something, and then resume mowing without re-starting the engine. I've only used it twice so far, but I have to admit, it sure seems like one heck of a push mower. I too had been somewhat hesitant about the B&S engines, but as soon as I bump the key it fires right up every time and it seems to run smooth and has plenty of power.

/ Sensation Self Propelled walk behind Mower #7  
Hey, I use sensations regularly. Nothing better. Check out my yahoo group. just type in sensation mowers in the search field.

/ Sensation Self Propelled walk behind Mower #8  
shortlid said:
WOW this thing must be a one of a kind odd ball!:mad:
Not really quite common where I'm from.

sensational said:
Hey, I use sensations regularly. Nothing better. Check out my yahoo group. just type in sensation mowers in the search field.

Thanks great group!! Where is HERE where they are common place??:D

/ Sensation Self Propelled walk behind Mower #10  
For some reason if you go on craigslist you only see them in Phoenix, AZ or NJ, Particularly in bergen county. Every old-school italian landscaper for some reason has them. as for phoenix, I have no explanation. I can't even find them in Nebraska where they're made.