setting a power shuttle

/ setting a power shuttle #11  
jimg said:
Talked w/ my dealer and, while they could do the change onsite, theyd prefer it be at the shop. Calibration isnt considered part of a normal machine setup (as in a new machine being delivered to a customer) so strictly speaking its a 'charge for' procedure. My dealer said though if I can get the tractor to his shop he'd do it for free. So Im all set in that regard.
Strictly speaking, If your tractor is covered under warranty, and you have a complaint about the PowerShuttle clutch engagement, recalibration will be covered under the machine warranty. It it as simple as that. Now, your dealer may charge you for travel time if they do it on site, or if they pick up and deliver your tractor you may be liable for that charge. These tractors are calibrated at the factory so doing it again at predelivery would be a waste of time. It is impossible to assemble a new TN and have it function properly without a clutch calibration. As Andy says, some will need it again at relatively low hours; some don't. Also remember clutch engagement characteristics are a subjective evaluation done by the operator and what is OK to Andy might be unacceptible to either you or me. FYI 2120's, TC55's and TC55a's have a completely different control system.

/ setting a power shuttle #12  
RickB said:
Strictly speaking, If your tractor is covered under warranty, and you have a complaint about the PowerShuttle clutch engagement, recalibration will be covered under the machine warranty. It it as simple as that. Now, your dealer may charge you for travel time if they do it on site, or if they pick up and deliver your tractor you may be liable for that charge. These tractors are calibrated at the factory so doing it again at predelivery would be a waste of time. It is impossible to assemble a new TN and have it function properly without a clutch calibration. As Andy says, some will need it again at relatively low hours; some don't. Also remember clutch engagement characteristics are a subjective evaluation done by the operator and what is OK to Andy might be unacceptible to either you or me. FYI 2120's, TC55's and TC55a's have a completely different control system.
RickB - thanks. I love mine as is, but thought it was a "good to know" bit of info if it was adjustable.

/ setting a power shuttle
RickB said:

:) Like I said...Im not grousing. Warranty or not the dealer is going to do it for free as long as I can get the machine to him. If he comes to me or I ask him to tote it then I pay for that. Seems like warranty to me even though he said it wasnt covered as such. Thats all OK...no problem. Guess this must be one of those cases that needs adjustment sooner than later. In this case I dont think the operation is open to much subjectivity. When I flip the direction handle the change is INSTANT. Cant imagine anyone would want it that way. Thanx for the infos!

ETA; One more thing that hasnt been answered. Does longer modulation time translate into shorter clutch life?

/ setting a power shuttle #14  
jimg said:
:) One more thing that hasnt been answered. Does longer modulation time translate into shorter clutch life?

Everything is relative; more modulation = more clutch slippage prior to lockup. That can't help but be more wear. But we have only been into one pair of clutchpacks for all the TN and TL PowerShuttle tractors we have sold. Whether a highly modulated clutchpack will fail appreciably sooner than one with a harsh engagement can't really be predicted. Perhaps the clutch disc splines will fail soonest on the tractor that has long term harsh engagement.