Setting First Post

/ Setting First Post #1  

Spencer

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC33D w/R4 Tires, Rear Remote, Hydraulic Toplink, 2 Auxiliary Work Lights, 7308 Loader w/Kasco Uni-Hitch (Quick Tach)
My best friend came over and helped me set the first five posts for my new pole barn last night. We got the main four corners and the center post in the back set. The <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=implement&Number=158132&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>boom pole</A> worked beautifully for handling the posts.

Attachments

• 35-184974-Setting_First_Pole.jpg
    35-184974-Setting_First_Pole.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 97
   / Setting First Post #2  
Looking very good.
Couple of questions, what did you use on the end of the boom pole to hold the pole? I see something in the picture but unable to identify. Also, what did you decide to do with regards to hole filling? Did you pour a foundation slab or use the 14-inch round in the bottom? Will you tamp dirt around pole or use concrete?
PJ

/ Setting First Post
PJ, Here is a closer view of the sling I used. It is a four foot sling I got from Graingers for 15 bucks. I attached a hook with a safety closure thingy to the boom pole to make attaching and removing the sling faster.

I started another thread in the Off Topic area called 'Concrete & Treated Posts Debate' where I should be able to answer your other questions by the end of the day.

Attachments

• 35-185055-Sling_On_Post.jpg
    35-185055-Sling_On_Post.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 99
   / Setting First Post #4  
Spencer,
Thanks for the photo, understand what it does now. I am watching your thread with high expectations as this will be one of my projects next year. Appreciate your sharing with us.
PJ