Setting Park break

/ Setting Park break #1  

Billrog

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti 2610, 580 SuperM Case Backhoe
Living on a mt. side and needing to use the break every time I stopped I came up with this idea. It worked perfectly for 6 yrs. on my CK27 and now I've done the same mod on my 2610 Kioti .
1648776421025.jpeg

/ Setting Park break #2  
I've never owned a tractor with a parking brake, well I guess the old Massey 35 did but never used them. I guess that's a hydro thing. Looks like that'll get the job done.

/ Setting Park break #4  
I guess I don’t understand the need for a custom parking brake lever. My Kubota has a lever that is easily engaged by stepping on the brakes then engaging the lever. My previous JD was the same. Does Kioti not have a way to easily engage the parking brake?

/ Setting Park break #5  
I've never seen a tractor that didn't have a way to lock the brakes. I would avoid tractors that don't have a parking brake. I remember even our old Oliver tractors built around 1940 had a way to lock the brakes on.

/ Setting Park break #6  
My new tractor brakes don't lock nor did my 20 year old JD. JD tractors have Park on the gear selector. No need for a parking brake. Besides that 5 series brakes are hydraulic so something that holds the brake pedal down would be of no use.

/ Setting Park break #7  
My Kioti, ck3510 HST, has a lever next to the brake pedal. Step on brake with right foot and push lever forward with left foot. To release the parking brake just push down on brake pedal until the lever releases.

/ Setting Park break #8  
My new tractor brakes don't lock nor did my 20 year old JD. JD tractors have Park on the gear selector. No need for a parking brake. Besides that 5 series brakes are hydraulic so something that holds the brake pedal down would be of no use.
Some of the 5 Series tractors are equipped with manual parking brakes. It depends on the market. European tractors require a separate hand operated parking brake. I am not 100% sure on how park works on your tractor, but there is a parking paw in the transmission just like a car with an automatic transmission. Some of the tractors that use hydraulic brakes have an actuator that applies a brakes when the ignition is turned off. It may not apply the brakes for the rear wheels. Some tractors and heavy equipment use a transmission brake for parking.

/ Setting Park break #9  
My LS came from the factory with a very nice easy to use parking brake lever, it’s standard equipment , sometimes I forget to release the parking brake but that quickly activates a warning beeper and a flashing red light on the dashboard so I’ve never driven more than a foot or two with the parking brake set.

/ Setting Park break #10  
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing this.

I have a bad habit of tapping to foot brake and unlocking it without realizing it. This would make it much more obvious as well as easier to operate.