setting sway stabilizers on 3pt lift

/ setting sway stabilizers on 3pt lift #11  
The 3x20 has spring tension already built into the sliding side stabilizers, so - when pinned correctly - there's no need to "add" additional slack. After mounting an implement and centering the arms, pin the holes that make themselves available while there is yet no tension on the springs. That way - once pinned - the stabilizers are free to sway within the limits of the tension springs, which coincidentally is probably pretty close to the aforementioned inch.

/ setting sway stabilizers on 3pt lift #12  
The 3x20 has spring tension already built into the sliding side stabilizers, so - when pinned correctly - there's no need to "add" additional slack.

I don't see the spring in the adjustable stabilizers that you refer to. A spring isn't listed in the parts breakdown.

Attachments

• LVP7677________UN27NOV06.gif
    LVP7677________UN27NOV06.gif
    29.3 KB · Views: 143
   / setting sway stabilizers on 3pt lift #13  
I would like more info on the springs as well. Mine doesn't have them

/ setting sway stabilizers on 3pt lift #14  
I stand corrected, should have used the word "slot" instead of "spring". Mine have a rectangular cross section, and consist of (a) a solid bar that's pinned to an axle housing bracket, one for each side and (b) a rectangular tube/sleeve that slides over the bar, again one for each side. The sleeve is attached to the lift arm, again one for each side. There are four pin holes in each bar, 3 holes and a 1.685" slot in each tube. When you want positive engagement, you align a tube pin hole with the appropriate bar pin hole, pin hole to pin hole. When you want that "inch of slack", you center the slot in the sleeve over the appropriate pin hole on the bar; slot to pin hole.

//greg//

/ setting sway stabilizers on 3pt lift #15  
greg_g
I'll bet your tractors sway bars look very similar to the parts photo I posted. I've wondered why it took tractor engineers so long to design something so simple. The 2000 model orange tractor I did own was the 1st sway setup I'd seen and after using them I liked the stabilizers.