Severe Diesel Withdrawal (I got it bad)

/ Severe Diesel Withdrawal (I got it bad) #1  

PineRidge

Tractor
TC-40D SS New Holland
Some months ago finally broke down and decided to purchase a new TC-40D equipped with a 17LA loader & pallet forks to assist us in offloading trucks here at the ranch. We have been patiently awaiting its arrival ever since we signed the contract 3 weeks ago. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last night I decided to post a classified ad here at the TractorByNet site for the 25 HP 4WD tractor that I have owned for the past 5 years. Within 24 hours of the post the tractor was sold, sight unseen. Fact is, a truck is on its way here now from PA to pick up the 25 HP machine. I’ll hate to see it go…… /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Called the dealer and they promised delivery of the TC-40D tomorrow 10/28/03 however I don’t know if I can stand the withdrawal from diesel fumes for that long. Do you think that if I soak a bandanna in some fresh diesel oil and wear it as a sweatband that the shakes and cold sweats will stop till then? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

After owning a diesel for years I can’t imagine what life would be like without having one around. Hope I get some sleep tonight….

/ Severe Diesel Withdrawal (I got it bad) #2  
First good job on selling so quickly.

Second, you can always go visit your dealership if you need a quick fix of tractor smells.

Third, how come you don't have TractorbyNet in your favorite links section of your web page? That should be terms for a ban /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Shame on you /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Congrats on your new tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Severe Diesel Withdrawal (I got it bad)
Whoops....

Robert thanks so much for reminding me. I guess once 50 comes and goes we have a tendency to be a bit more forgetful. The link to the TractorByNet site has now been put in place by the webmaster (me). /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Severe Diesel Withdrawal (I got it bad) #4  
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Severe Diesel Withdrawal (I got it bad)
Well it turns out that the “big tractor driver in the sky” must have felt my pain and suffering cause the local dealer called me back today and says, "Hey we had a change in plans here today. Can we deliver your new rig to you this afternoon?" Well my mouth is already salivating, and I have packed my lunch so I can sit by the side of the road waiting on all that equipment to get here. You know they say the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys. I AM a believer my friend. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Severe Diesel Withdrawal (I got it bad) #6  
That is true, our toys do get more expensive as we get older but we can do so much more with them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Have fun when the new friend shows up.

/ Severe Diesel Withdrawal (I got it bad) #7  
Here's a preview of what you'll soon see. I'll never forget the wonderful day in April when my TC40D arrived. Also had to endure two weeks of no tractor when the dealer took it in for the 50-hour service. I know what you're going through!

Attachments

• 333062-OnTruck.JPG
    333062-OnTruck.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 142
   / Severe Diesel Withdrawal (I got it bad) #8  
Tom, Why did you dealer need two weeks to do the 50 hour service? I drove my TC40D to my dealership. Its only 7 miles so it only takes about a half of an hour to get there and my time is worth less than a trucking charge.

I dropped it off in the morning and picked it up in the afternoon. This was done during the busy planting season. 2 weeks seems like a long time. Were there other things to be done other than the 50 hour service?

/ Severe Diesel Withdrawal (I got it bad) #9  
Oh, it had to do with the fact that I was moving from one place to another, and the dealer was kind enough to pick it up, do the service, and then keep it covered in the shop for a few days until I closed on the other property. He then delivered it. My place is around 50 miles from the dealer. Didn't charge for the pickup, storage, or delivery.

IOW, it was 20 miles between places and instead of moving it myself, I let the dealer do as part of the 50-hour service. I haven't bought a trailer yet as I'm waiting until I get an F250 with a gooseneck.

Not his fault, but I still had to be without my tractor /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Severe Diesel Withdrawal (I got it bad) #10  
You guys had me worried there for a moment. They just picked up my 35D yesterday for it's 50 (59) hour service. See picture.
When I read 2 weeks I started getting heart palpitations.
2 Weeks. God, The horror of it !!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 333076-50 hour service (5) reduced.jpg
    333076-50 hour service (5) reduced.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 216