Sevice Manual

/ Sevice Manual #1  

jfakerj

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4300HST 4x4
Does anyone know where I can find a sevice manual for a 1999 4300 at a good price or should I just go to the dealer and pay their price if they have one. I'm really thinking I should have one. Also is there just one manual or is there more than one.

Jerry

/ Sevice Manual #2  
Talk about bizzare coincidents, I was just about to initiate a post called "service manual", decided to hit the "last hour" button, lo and behold, there was my post even before I'd written it! I guess Jerry and I are connected by ESP or something.

My question is a little more specific. Looking at the Carver site, not only is there lots of disclaimers about how long it takes to get manuals, but I'm confused about my B2910. The B2710 has two manuals, parts and workshop. The B2910 only lists the workshop manual with a different part number than the B2710. What about a parts manual for the B2910? Is it the same as the B2710?

And while I'm wondering out loud, I wonder why Kubota can't do better on supplying manuals. Thats pretty disgraceful (although I'll admit to having the same problem with my 2000 Silverado pickup).

Larry...

/ Sevice Manual #3  
Larry: I have both the parts list and WSM. The parts list is for both 2710 and 2910. The WSM 2410, 2710, and 2910. I didn’t' check the Carver part numbers but mine are- Parts List, 97898-22270, Dated March 2000. WSM is 97897-12271. My Dealer could not find the number for WSM. It was posted here on TBN sometime last fall.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Sevice Manual #4  
LarryT
One service tech told me most dealers shy away from offering service manuals do to the tractor still under warranty,or new model just came out.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Sevice Manual #5  
I believe it's more an "economical" matter... dealer's don't have the profit margin in manuals coupled with the "inflated" shipping rates. Not a big incentive to sell something for a lot of money, pay a lot for shipping, and make a small margin... OOPS... the manual is damaged... have to get another... guess who pays the shipping back?

I stopped by my JD dealer last week and picked up one tech manual I waited for 3 weeks, ordered another one while I was there... yesterday the second manual came in.

I'll tell you one thing... these technical manuals have come light years from yesterday... I may have paid $78. for a Technical Manual but the multi-color diagrams, pictures, charts, simple language, theory, etc. etc. are fantastic! Needless to say, I'm very impressed.

/ Sevice Manual #6  
Ron, I'm not sure of the part numbers, but I got my manuals from Carver and the receipt lists 97897-12270 (Workshop Manual) $88.00 and 97898-22080 (Parts Manual) $48.00. Of course, that was before the B2910 came out.

Bird

/ Sevice Manual #7  
Jerry,
For the 790 I got the Tech manual and the Parts manual. The tech is outstanding; like John said, the full color diagrams explaining the operation of the electrical, hydraulic, and transmision systems were worth the cost alone /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif, then throw in all the photographs and the How-To write-ups /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif.
The parts manual is specific to only the 790, whereas the tech manual covers half a dozen tractors. I would stick with the JD produced documentation. I use Hayes for the cars, but I think the level of detail the manufacturer provides is essential (for me) because I have no experience to fall back on /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.

<font color=green>mark</font color=green>
markcg_sig.gif

/ Sevice Manual #8  
It is interesting about the long wait on getting manuals from JD. It will be 3 full weeks Friday I've been waiting on the Parts Manual. Getting the Tech Manual took a full 2 weeks. Checked around at different Dealers too, all had to order them. I'd have to think since service and repair is their bread 'n butter that is why they don't have any in house.

Jerry, I don't know if there is an available aftermarket repair manual on the current models.

DFB

18-30366-dfbsig.gif

/ Sevice Manual #9  
Thanks Ron, Thats what I suspected. Carver did list the xx271 WSM part number for 2910 versus the xx270 for the 2710. I suspected the parts manual was common. How long did it take you to get your manuals?

Larry...