SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list #71  
MT372HERE said:
How's that workin out for ya?

Good machine?
The thing I'm a little uneasy about is it appears I will have to do quit a bit of implement switching between the Deck, Tiller & Blade. Every time you need a different implement it means you have to move/manhandle 2 attachments .
How hard is it to change attachments?and how long does it take?
It seems that the attachment you need to use is the one that's never on the tractor at the time.
I had to fill it up twice while mowing my 2.33 acres. Still got maybe a quarter of an acre to go.
It sure seems to use a lot of gas compared to the old MTD PowerCraft 18 horse twin Cyl, Briggs ; and it wasn't easy on gas.
----->>

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list #72  
LBrown59 said:
The thing I'm a little uneasy about is it appears I will have to do quit a bit of implement switching between the Deck, Tiller & Blade. Every time you need a different implement it means you have to move/manhandle 2 attachments .
How hard is it to change attachments?and how long does it take?
It seems that the attachment you need to use is the one that's never on the tractor at the time.
I had to fill it up twice while mowing my 2.33 acres. Still got maybe a quarter of an acre to go.
It sure seems to use a lot of gas compared to the old MTD PowerCraft 18 horse twin Cyl, Briggs ; and it wasn't easy on gas.
----->>

Jeez!!

When we had out 445 and 425, I could fill up the tank, and cut our Acre, my Aunts Acre, and MY grandparents Acre, and still have gas to move a load of Dirt with the loader, and have alot left over.

425 had a carbed 20hp Kawsaki
445 had the EFI 22hp Kawasaki

6.5 Gallon Gas Tank.

I could take the 54" Deck off the JD, and put the loader on in under 10 minutes, including installing the 3pt weight bracket.

Im sure it will get easier and faster as time goes on.

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list #73  
MT372HERE said:
Jeez!!

When we had out 445 and 425, I could fill up the tank, and cut our Acre, my Aunts Acre, and MY grandparents Acre, and still have gas to move a load of Dirt with the loader, and have alot left over.

6.5 Gallon Gas Tank.

I could take the 54" Deck off the JD, and put the loader on in under 10 minutes, including installing the 3pt weight bracket.

Mine holds 2 and 1/8 Th. Gallons.

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list #74  
I would like to have had a JD 445 or 455 but I couldn't find one.
Why did you get rid of yours?
What do you have now?

MT372HERE said:
Jeez!!

6.5 Gallon Gas Tank.

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list #75  
LBrown59 said:
I would like to have had a JD 445 or 455 but I couldn't find one.
Why did you get rid of yours?
What do you have now?

Well the 425 we bought new, with the 54" Deck, and 40 Loader. Had it a year or so, and ran into some sudden financial troubles. Paid cash for the tractor, so we owned it completely. Sold it, only to have the financial situation resolved a week later.

After the huge hit we took on the new 425, we found a pristine 445 used.

IT had like 800 hours on it, and had a couple scratches..but was a solid 9/10 tractor. Bought another 40 loader for it, got the 3 point, 54" deck, and a few other goodies..
Had it for about a year, then my mom got VERY sick. She was so sick she couldnt keep food in her. We were in the middle of switching insurance companies, and the old one stopped on say..June 10, and the new one picked up on July 1st. So a few weeks before she got sick she went for a physical, and it went fine, except her hearing aide conflicted with the Heart machine..1st test said heart disease, 2nd test w/o hearing aide came back 100% perfect. The put BOTH tests on her records..so the insurance company denied us AFTER they had approved us.
So the hospital bills came in, and out went the 445, with another nice HIT on it.

So I cut grass with the old WH 702 while we rebounded from all that mess..Then I found a neglected old 1988 JD 316. I restored it.
Then I found a 1989 WH 310-8. I rebuilt the entire engine, and I got it now.
Then I got a 1993 WH 416-H, Plow, Disc, 42" deck
Got a 1967 JD 110H to restore now.

And recently, I was given a Mitsubishi MT372 Deisel.

We kind of got the hint we werent meant to have a 400 series JD, as nice as they were.

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list #77  
LBrown59 said:
Boy what a run of tough luck!
Sorry to hear about your Mom.
How is she doing now?

She's okay now..

The Doctors misdiagnosed her for a month, put her on all sorts of meds that did nothing.

She was about 2 days from death when they realized she had Acute Ulcerative Colitis. They put her on a HIGH dose of Predinisone, which is a steroid. They put her on too much and as soon as we brought her home, that night she slipped into congestive heart failure. We tailed the ambulance all the way to the hospital, we were doing 100 and they were running from us, they got there 4 minutes before we did. They kept her for almost 2 weeks, then sent her home with 2 weeks worth of Predinisone. It was supposed to be likr 3 days of Predinisone.

Well the Predinisone ate away her knees, hips, and shoulders.

We tried to sue em for all osrts of stuff, but every Attorney we talked to said "If she didnt die, or get confined to a wheelchair or Bed, there really isnt a case"

What a world we live in.

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list #79  
MT372HERE said:
How's that workin out for ya?

Good machine?
Got 24 hours on it by now.
Don't like the drain plug for draining the motor oil when you have to change the oil.
Also it leaves scorch spots in the grass if you let it set and run very long.