Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,331  
What is the reason they use trucks like that?
So they can look forward & steer very precisely when driving the "trailer" under the float plane. All they are doing is basically driving up & down a boat ramp. So maneuverability & visibility is far more important than normal driveablity.

I move my trailers around my property with my loader & pallet forks (hole in the end of the forks a ball) rather than my 3pt trailer mover for more or less the same reasons. Easier too "back up" a trailer going forward than going backwards. Better visibility, not turning the wheel the opposite way you are looking & the mechanics of having the steer axle towards the trailer make it maneuver better. Forklifts maneuver better for similar reasons (although the solid axle up front carries loads way better a probably a more relevant reason).

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,332  
A simpler version, winch operated:

Bruce

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,333  
So they can look forward & steer very precisely when driving the "trailer" under the float plane.

I move my trailers around my property with my loader & pallet forks (hole in the end of the forks a ball) rather than my 3pt trailer mover for more or less the same reasons. Easier to "back up" a trailer going forward
Yeah. I added this hitch ball because I park the little 4x8 utility trailer in a tight stall where you have to walk alongside the trailer to get to the washer and dryer. Getting the trailer in parallel to the wall and an inch out from it is simpler and more precise when I'm looking forward - and easier on my back than twisting to back the trailer in then zig-zaging it by hand to get it over the last couple of inches.

511565d1496557557-share-pics-people-hauling-towing-kimg2005rhitchonym186dbucket-jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,334  
Thanks guys. I had never seen anything like that before.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,335  
Yeah. I added this hitch ball because I park the little 4x8 utility trailer in a tight stall where you have to walk alongside the trailer to get to the washer and dryer. Getting the trailer in parallel to the wall and an inch out from it is simpler and more precise when I'm looking forward - and easier on my back than twisting to back the trailer in then zig-zaging it by hand to get it over the last couple of inches.

511565d1496557557-share-pics-people-hauling-towing-kimg2005rhitchonym186dbucket-jpg

Thank you for the post.
I am going to do it,...... to put my 14K equipment trailer in the exact spot I want it to be in (tight against the wall).

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,336  

That is a clever idea. Maybe make a bolt on plate with a ball on it for removal if I ever had to?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,337  
That is a clever idea. Maybe make a bolt on plate with a ball on it for removal if I ever had to?
Titan Skidsteer Trailer Receiver Mount Plate Hitch Bobcat Case Skid Steer

UA Made in the USA 36" Pallet Fork & Trailer Hitch Skid Steer Attachment

Titan 36" Pallet Fork Blade 4, LB Cap w/ Hitch Ball Towing Forklift Trailer

Plenty of inspiration out there if you have SSQA or pallet forks. If you have a pin on bucket you are kind of limited to welding on a 2" receiver or a ball mount, which still works really well & is pretty common.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,338  
If you have pallet forks, use this.trailer_hitch_receiver_for_pallet_fork_frame_4_.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,339  
Titan Skidsteer Trailer Receiver Mount Plate Hitch Bobcat Case Skid Steer

UA Made in the USA 36" Pallet Fork & Trailer Hitch Skid Steer Attachment

Titan 36" Pallet Fork Blade 4, LB Cap w/ Hitch Ball Towing Forklift Trailer

Plenty of inspiration out there if you have SSQA or pallet forks. If you have a pin on bucket you are kind of limited to welding on a 2" receiver or a ball mount, which still works really well & is pretty common.

both tractors have SSQA and I have a three point hitch/2" receiver on a SS plate, however it's easier to move a 2" receiver hitch than the plate so i have welded a 2' receiver on my kubota bucket, (also dad's little JD 2210) both work very well. i don't know how well you can see the SS plate on my JD in the pics but it's there.

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0428.JPG

IMG_1187.JPG

IMG_1186.JPG

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,340  
... welded a 2' receiver on my kubota bucket...

View attachment 546482
That's doing it the right way, mounting the receiver where you roll the bucket forward to get the hitch ball down low under the trailer. I welded my simpler ball mount on the little Yanmar (photo above) with that in mind.

My other elderly Yanmar came with a ball bolted to the top lip of the bucket. Not very practical, you have to wind the trailer jack to the top before it's high enough to set on that ball. Even considering that this bucket isn't as tall as most loaders.

Don't Do This. It isn't practical.

52202d1142360861-rops-ym240-ym2000-pictures-843562-img_6494rropsfront-jpg