Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,181  
Nothing wrong with that trailer. It's the new 'High speed model with canted wheel assemblies for faster high speed turns on the freeway". Same deal as those ricers with the tires bend outwards at a 45 degree angle. That is scary.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,182  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,183  
What's your guess on the weight of that excavator? Looks like a 10k trailer, two 5k axles, although I suppose it could just as easily be a 7k trailer.
I googled what I thought I saw on the side and it came back as 14-17k machine….I won’t swear I got it right though.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,184  
I googled what I thought I saw on the side and it came back as 14-17k machine….I won’t swear I got it right though.

I’m guessing that’s more like a 5 ton. Excavators much over 5 tons are too wide to haul on fender trailers. And I’m almost positive those are 17.5” tires on that trailer which means it probably has 8k axels for 16k combined. I’m guessing the axel got bent from a previous accident not just loading the excavator.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,185  
c0bf2562c118cf2195fd4907f5c7a5453af2f8d56d202652a61ccad1de72fbcb_1.jpg.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,187  
I had a buddy right out of high school who used to haul coil steel, coils about that size or larger. But I seem to remember they always hauled them on end, never on their side like that. I think they were strapped down to large pallets, and then the coils themselves separately strapped right to the trailer, precisely so they wouldn't do that to the driver. He also drove an old cab-over for that job, although I'm actually not sure how much higher they really sit in those.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,189  
I had a buddy right out of high school who used to haul coil steel, coils about that size or larger. But I seem to remember they always hauled them on end, never on their side like that. I think they were strapped down to large pallets, and then the coils themselves separately strapped right to the trailer, precisely so they wouldn't do that to the driver. He also drove an old cab-over for that job, although I'm actually not sure how much higher they really sit in those.
That's why coils loaded with the eyes to the side are called suicide coils.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,190  
That's why coils loaded with the eyes to the side are called suicide coils.
But that is the way I see them hauled. On their sides. Jon