Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,151  
Good thing it was a new folding ladder… 😲
1713838372268.png

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,152  
Apparently, they could afford a probably several hundred dollar fridge, but not a couple of $10 ratchet straps.
I wouldn't haul a new refrigerator on a trailer anyways. I know how much a trailer can bounce, and how much wind resistance a frig can offer.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,153  
The ole chain link triangle. Imagine some unkind soul driving by and honking the horn at Mr. Bull.
1713842099317.png

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,154  
It looks like that chain link triangle is on top of the bedrails, what stops it from sliding into wifey? Oh, wait, maybe that yellow strap goes though the cab so wifey is safe.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,157  
Have you priced a refrigerator lately? "several hundred dollars" would be cheap.
We've been averaging about 2 years per kitchen refrigerator, recently. So, when I drop $2k on one, I just figure it's basically a $1k per year rental fee.

What's amusing is that it's only the big expensive kitchen refrigerators that keep failing. We have five other collegiate-sized refrigerators and freezers, some up to 25 years old, that are all running just fine. Go figure.

The last kitchen refrigerator "failure" was probably just a $30 cooling fan, and might have still been covered by warranty. But when it's a 10-day wait just to get a repair man out to evaluate the failure and tell you whether it's going to be covered by warranty, let alone the additional time required to order parts and execute the repair, it's just easier to replace the damn thing and get on with your life.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,158  
"The last kitchen refrigerator "failure" was probably just a $30 cooling fan, and might have still been covered by warranty. But when it's a 10-day wait just to get a repair man out to evaluate the failure and tell you whether it's going to be covered by warranty, let alone the additional time required to order parts and execute the repair, it's just easier to replace the damn thing and get on with your life."

That is sad but absolutely correct. Something similar happened with our washer. The repair guy came out the next day and said it was under warranty but would take several months to get the control board (which was just shy of the cost of a new washer). That night we went to Home Depot to get a new one. 6 months later they got the part and fixed the old one and I sold it on Facebook to finally get it out of the way. I guess they thought my wife would be good with not washing clothes for a few months.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,159  
Full-disclosure, 2 or 3 refrigerators back, I did "stick it to" the manufacturer and made them replace a failed compressor, just so I could resell the thing on Craigslist. :D I had already replaced the refrigerator at that point, it's hard to go more than a day or three without your main kitchen refrigerator, but I was getting my money's worth out of the manufacturer.

I think the refrigerator was 1 year 10 months old, when the compressor failed. Totally unacceptable.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,160  
Full-disclosure, 2 or 3 refrigerators back, I did "stick it to" the manufacturer and made them replace a failed compressor, just so I could resell the thing on Craigslist. :D I had already replaced the refrigerator at that point, it's hard to go more than a day or three without your main kitchen refrigerator, but I was getting my money's worth out of the manufacturer.

I think the refrigerator was 1 year 10 months old, when the compressor failed. Totally unacceptable.
We have two fridges in the house. First one we got at a ding&dent store "cheap" for our house in '93; there's a scratch on one of the sides (which I've only seen when I moved the fridge to a different house x3 or if I pull it out to clean). This fridge has literally never had anything go wrong with it. (Kitchenaid)
The second fridge we got in 2000 or 2001; it's had a few things go wrong - the solenoids for the water dispenser failed at one point so I disabled those as we don't care about ice cold water. Issues with the ice maker - I replaced it twice over the last 10 years and gave up. Worst was the louvered door between the freezer & fridge part which regulates the fridge temperature - part of the actuator broke and replacement isn't available. I bubba'd a fix with epoxy and it's still working 5 years later. Last year the cooling fan behind the fridge was making noise and I got a replacement... ended up being the wrong one but it was making noise against a bunch of crud, cleaned that up while I was there, and next time I pull the fridge I'll install the new fan just because but it's no longer making noise.

I dread the future of buying a crap fridge that'll only last a couple years, they're what $3000 now for a bigger one? The one in our kitchen is a 25 cubic foot - not that unusual now - but it's also counter depth.