shattered rear window kubota M7040

/ shattered rear window kubota M7040 #1  

johnvickl

Bronze Member
shredding, rock shattered rear window. will a kubota dealer fix this.
do i have to buy complete frame. i need some help on this have
no idea who to get in touch with. thanks, john

Last edited:
   / shattered rear window kubota M7040 #2  
Should be an easy repair. 2 Bolts through 2 hinges. Rubber grommets through the holes (should still be attached to the bolts and hinges).

It will require 4 hands, 1 person to hold the window, another to manage the fasteners. A door and parts for a 5030 costs about $500. Don't ask how I know.

/ shattered rear window kubota M7040
so you have to get the whole frame, or just the piece of glass. the rubber part that holds the glass is there, the knob that locks the window is broke off thanks for your help john

/ shattered rear window kubota M7040 #4  
Call your dealer and order just the essentials. I am not sure what that window looks like but I am positive that they have ordered one before. If you can check tire pressure you can replace the window if it is hinged. If it has hinges like RFB said then it is super easy just put it together the way it looks.

If it is glued in call a glass shop don't try it with a autoparts over the counter glue. Leave that to me or another glass guy. We have the best glue on the market.

/ shattered rear window kubota M7040 #5  
Many prople change there own! Four hands are a good thing to help hold the glass while it is being bolted in.

Do remember not to over torque!

/ shattered rear window kubota M7040 #6  
Different model but I have replaced more than one piece of glass on my Kubota. If a reliable second pair of hands isn't handy then use masking tape to hold the glass in place while you put in the fasteners.:cool:

Years later I'm still finding itsy bitsy pieces of broken tempered safety glass.:confused:

I got lucky once and knocked a rear "wind wing" window off the tractor onto the ground and didn't break it, just broke the plastic things that go between the glass and fasteners.:thumbsup:

Patrick

/ shattered rear window kubota M7040 #7  
You could probably find a piece of shatterproof clear plastic and have it cut to the correct size. Or is the glass some funky curved shape? That would keep it from getting broken over and over and over again.

/ shattered rear window kubota M7040 #8  
I checked my parts list on my M85, you should be able to order whatever parts you need from the dealer.

E/S

/ shattered rear window kubota M7040 #9  
so you have to get the whole frame, or just the piece of glass. the rubber part that holds the glass is there, the knob that locks the window is broke off thanks for your help john

John,

Sorry for the delay in answering. If it is similar to the Kubota 5030 (which it probably is) then it is "Frameless" and is held by the hinges and secured by the handle/lock mechanism.