Shaved Head - Need thicker head

/ Shaved Head - Need thicker head #11  
can not see how you need a thicker head gasket we plane heads all the time to straighen them out sometime more than once taking as much as 25-30ths off total and never have we used a thicker gasket infact most companys don't even make a thicker gasket

/ Shaved Head - Need thicker head #12  
Thats not really what I meant.. I was refering to the possibility that there is a thicker head gasket used in other applications.. If a thicker gasket was accidently installed, it could cause this. Its a stretch, but possible.. It can happen on the 7.3L PowerStroke(I know its not a tractor, but I dont know whats available for this engine, specificly)

/ Shaved Head - Need thicker head #13  
I think the concern for the valve depth was for the valve adjustment. It is a high speed diesel with shims, and buckets for valve adjustment. Not the screw type found on most Ag machinery tractors. I agree about the blown head gasket, that's what it sounds like to me. Pull the head back off, it could be cracked also. Why was it sitting on the shelf in the first place? and looked like it had been on an engine?

/ Shaved Head - Need thicker head
The mechanic pulled the injectors and one had very bad black carbon build up. One of the other two was pretty bad also. One of the packing washers was blown out which happen previously. It appears as though I have a cracked head ??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I am going to pull the head back off this weekend to see what’s up/down.
Thanks for your input
Jerry

/ Shaved Head - Need thicker head #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think the concern for the valve depth was for the valve adjustment. It is a high speed diesel with shims, and buckets for valve adjustment. Not the screw type found on most Ag machinery tractors. I agree about the blown head gasket, that's what it sounds like to me. Pull the head back off, it could be cracked also. Why was it sitting on the shelf in the first place? and looked like it had been on an engine? )</font>

Got it /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, thanks for the clarification.. I'm still learning about Yanmar, figure one day I'll need to work on mine..

/ Shaved Head - Need thicker head
I'm removed the head and everything look OK, other than the back carbon. I cleaned the head and could not see any sign of cracks. I understand that there could be a crack that is not visible but I do not think there is any cracks. I'm going to order new injectors, put it back together and see what happens. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif; if not, /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Shaved Head - Need thicker head #17  
You might want to reconsider, strip the head down, have it hot tanked, then manufluxed. May save you some headache later.