3-Point Hitch Shaver hd 10 hookup on 5530

/ Shaver hd 10 hookup on 5530 #1  

hinkle2121

Tractor
mahindra 5530
I recently purchased a used shaver hd10 to mount on my 5530. I am curious if anyone has had one on a 5530 and where they plumbed their return in at. Spoke to a service rep yesterday he had no clue, he is supposed to get ahold of another rep today and see what they say.

/ Shaver hd 10 hookup on 5530 #2  
Generally people plumb the return to where ever you add fluid to the transmission/hydraulics.

/ Shaver hd 10 hookup on 5530 #3  
You maybe short on the GPM as the HD 10 needs 12gpm, where as my 08' 5530 goes to 11gpm.

/ Shaver hd 10 hookup on 5530 #4  
Get real. 1 gpm too low is going to effect the usability of a post driver?

/ Shaver hd 10 hookup on 5530
The gpm only controls the speed of lift which u will never notice 1 gpm. Problem with returning to fill/ dipstick hole is that it is only a 3/8" hole. Thought about plumbing into vent on back of tractor above 3pt, but rep said that there is a small cavity there and he didn't think it would drain out fast enough. Last option I can think of is remove plate from transmission and drill and tap it. I am hoping someone else knows something I dont

If anyone knows of mahindra reps on here please point them in my direstion, thank u

Ok, finally got shaver driver mounted on my 5530 and operational. Spoke with 2 reps and neither had any experience doing it. There is a 3/4 pipe plug about 6" below transmission breather on the back. I reduced the 1" line down to 3/4 with a bell reducer and into a 4" pipe nipple into a 90 back to another 4" nipple into back of tractor. The 4" nipples were required to get clearance from back of tractor. Hopefully I make someone else's life a little easier

/ Shaver hd 10 hookup on 5530 #9  
Good to hear you got it going.

/ Shaver hd 10 hookup on 5530 #10  
Good to see you have it going. Could you post some pictures?