Shell Rotella ELC Coolant in CK3510 and DK55

/ Shell Rotella ELC Coolant in CK3510 and DK55 #1  

kck8385

Tractor
Kioti CK3510 and DK55
I am going to change the coolant in my 2021 CK3510 and 2008 DK55. They both currently have standard green Ethylene Glycol coolant.

I have purchased Shell Rotella ELC Extend Life coolant 50/50 pre-mix. The data sheet states it is Ethylene Glycol based which is what the manuals say to use. The Shell product is red instead of green but it is still Ethylene Glycol based.

Question: Do I need to do any kind of special flush when changing to the Shell coolant or just drain it, flush it with tap water and fill it up with the Shell?

Thanks,
Kevin

/ Shell Rotella ELC Coolant in CK3510 and DK55 #2  
It is best to flush with water prior to changing coolant chemistries. No special flushing products required, but I personally do a final flush with distilled water.
FYI, the majority of coolants are ethylene glycol BASED, with many different chemistries.

Last edited:
   / Shell Rotella ELC Coolant in CK3510 and DK55 #3  
Kubota has always and still do use conventional green coolant so I do as well and I drain and flush my cooling systems every 2 years anyway.

I know of a guy down the road that went from conventional green coolant to red extended life and didn't flush his cooling system and the mixing of the green conventional coolant with the extended life turned the coolant to goo...

/ Shell Rotella ELC Coolant in CK3510 and DK55
I appreciate both of your replies. I misunderstood what ethylene glycol based meant. Glad I didn’t screw something up. I’ll just buy some green and keep it simple.

Thanks again,
Kevin