Oil & Fuel Shell Rotella HD Universal Hydraulic Fluid any feedback?

/ Shell Rotella HD Universal Hydraulic Fluid any feedback? #11  
I've used the Rotella hydraulic oil. They sell at at wal mart here. I figured it was probably better than that cheap 303 stuff you see on sale for 29 bucks. I think the rotella was about 60 a gallon if I remember correctly. I've since switched to amsoil hydraulic oil which made a noticeable difference on cold weather startups with no whining from the pump.

/ Shell Rotella HD Universal Hydraulic Fluid any feedback? #12  
$60/gallon? I only pay $20 for Kubota sudt

The shell is udt right? Or am I missing something?

/ Shell Rotella HD Universal Hydraulic Fluid any feedback? #13  
60 dollars for 5 gallon , I was an amsoil dealer for a bit over 5 years had way to many issues with little to no backing from the company ... it sure didn't live up to advertisements they made at the time , noticed those have changed ...it's a fair oil but in my opinion cost more than it's worth...

/ Shell Rotella HD Universal Hydraulic Fluid any feedback? #14  
60 dollars for 5 gallon , I was an amsoil dealer for a bit over 5 years had way to many issues with little to no backing from the company ... it sure didn't live up to advertisements they made at the time , noticed those have changed ...it's a fair oil but in my opinion cost more than it's worth...

I've used many amsoil products over the years and had nothing but good luck. The extreme gear oil is simply amazing IMO.I've never read about a bad experience either but I'm not saying it's never happened. A quick search turned up nothing. Do you have a link to what you are referring to?

I think any tractor used in cold weather should have synthetic oil to stop the pump from whining when the oil is well below freezing. I sure enjoy not hearing that sound.

Looks like the Rotella oil has gone up to $69
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rotella-HD-Tractor-Fluid-5-gal/36142652

/ Shell Rotella HD Universal Hydraulic Fluid any feedback? #15  
No links just personal experience , they have now revised their recommendations from 25000 miles to 25000 or one year , not many drive 25000 in a year and if they do it's mostly highway which is easier on any type oil
Not saying it's a bad oil by no means but want to find out for yourself ? Pack a quart of amsoil along with another synthetic oil of the same weight other than the purple one, in coer of dry ice for a couple of hours one of the two will have wax crystallized and floating within the oil ...of course this is just my opinion, as long as you stay within your factory manual recommendation you should have no trouble....

/ Shell Rotella HD Universal Hydraulic Fluid any feedback? #18  
Absolutely. But I would say that differently and ask if it's worth the small savings to buy the other brand transmission fluid (not hydraulic oil) you mentioned. I believe Shell makes world class quality fluids.

/ Shell Rotella HD Universal Hydraulic Fluid any feedback? #19  
Justed Googled amsoil problems , found another dealer with much the same experience as I had with Amsoil... but keep in mind these are opinions

AMSOIL not so good - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

The way you made it sound there should be lots of unhappy customers on various forums and blogs voicing complaints as well as documentation from competitors. I did not find that to be the case with my searches. I also thought you were referring to the hydraulic oil which is the topic here and now it sounds like you are referring to motor oil.

Google a legitimate widespread issue like a ford 6.0 diesel problem and you will get pages of results. I am certainly not saying there has never been any issue but there sure is very little documentation of it if that is the case which I do not believe is. I am not loyal to Amsoil and haven't bought thier product in a couple of years as I rotate brands depending on what's on sale or has the best rebates and have never had any issue with any brand of synthetic oil in my vehicles.

As far as hydraulic oil my pumps used to whine when I started them in the cold weather but now using a synthetic that has gone away. I dont' believe it is specific to one brand but something to do with the synthetic vs dino difference in cold weather performance.

As to the OP's question about rotella hydro oil I would like to think there is a difference considering the price is about double that of the cheap stuff. A good review/comparison of hydraulic oil and the subtle differences would be an interesting read.

/ Shell Rotella HD Universal Hydraulic Fluid any feedback? #20  
No not at all , i was just saying I had many unhappy customers... , if you like use it , was just my opinion , if you read the likk text you will see a lot saying nothing better since sliced bread ...just wondering how many of them were dealers .....