Sheriffs' Association

/ Sheriffs' Association #1  

jmc

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST
Hello,

I just got an elaborate mailing to both my home and business from our County Sheriff asking me to become a member of the Indiana Sheriffs' Association. It seems like a worthwhile organization and my second question is do other States have these?

But my first question is about the window stickers they provide their members. You get two and can buy extras. Are they inferring that if I get stopped by a County Sheriff, they may cut me some slack if I have a current window sticker? Would they? Would other law enforcement agencies like the town or State Police? I know most of us can't answer that but I'm interested in other's opinions/experiences.

John

/ Sheriffs' Association #2  
Make sure it's not a scam. People call and " say they are from the Sheriff and are only taking money. It's most likely a scam

/ Sheriffs' Association #3  
Doubt they would cut you any slack for something like murder but for a traffic violation the sticker could make the difference between a ticket or warning.

/ Sheriffs' Association #4  
Hello,

I just got an elaborate mailing to both my home and business from our County Sheriff asking me to become a member of the Indiana Sheriffs' Association. It seems like a worthwhile organization and my second question is do other States have these?

But my first question is about the window stickers they provide their members. You get two and can buy extras. Are they inferring that if I get stopped by a County Sheriff, they may cut me some slack if I have a current window sticker? Would they? Would other law enforcement agencies like the town or State Police? I know most of us can't answer that but I'm interested in other's opinions/experiences.

John

It never cut no ice that I ever saw in Missouri. (of course that was a long time ago). I had a guy say once "I know Mickey Owen(the sheriff at the time), and he would not like the way you are treating me". Yeah, I know Mickey Owen too, and he would not like you driving while intoxicated.:)

/ Sheriffs' Association #5  
That whole program is BS.

/ Sheriffs' Association #6  
Hello,

John
That program has been around for about 80 years and is not BS. Look up their website and investigate yourself.

However, if you're joining just to get a window sticker to help you get out of tickets, that's the wrong attitude. :rolleyes:

/ Sheriffs' Association #7  
Its a prepaid Bribe is what it is.

/ Sheriffs' Association #8  
I know plenty of folks that have spent time in jail despite the Sheriff's Supported stickers in the window or on the license plate.

/ Sheriffs' Association #9  
By the way there have been some scams where someone ask to join the Sheriff's assoc. or the Highway Patrol benevolent assoc. etc. Lately the Mo Sheriffs. have stopped telemarketing it and started sending a letter on official letterhead. At least that is what I saw this year.

/ Sheriffs' Association #10  
We have the same thing in Florida. I don't think it helps with tickets, though. And before I give to anything, I ask what percent goes to the actual charity. I had one guy proudly tell me that over 10% went to them, like that was a lot. Anytime there is a paid fundraising outfit, they get the bulk of the money.

Larro