Shibaura sd1803 brake shoes

/ Shibaura sd1803 brake shoes #1  

Bws5274

Tractor
Shibaura sd1803
I bought new shoes part #nh7901. They said they replaced the sba328100020 that my parts books says i need. The vendor said the plate at the bottom of the shoe that goes against the cam was 6mm and not 9mm.( Allof the vendors i could fine sold only the 6mm! I install the new shoes and with the tracir jacked up just a small movement of the cam prevented my from turning the hub. Hooked up the linkage an it moves the cam. Installed tire and put on ground - have no petal resistance and with clutch disingaged it will not stop the tractor.
Can anyone help me and or tell me where i can get shoes that have the 9mm plate?
Thanks

/ Shibaura sd1803 brake shoes #2  
I have no idea on finding the 9mm shoes but if you still have the original shoes you can have them relined. A lot of NAPA stores used to offer the service and there are several companies online advertising the service

/ Shibaura sd1803 brake shoes #3  
6 mm is about 1/4", 9=aprox 3/8", thats a lot of brake pad compared to my L3400, had my brake housing off this past summer, I'm lucky if I have 1/16'' pad left on my brake disc and the tractor stops on a dime, dont know how since it's all encased in trans oil. Maybe shoes are different, maybe something else ain't right. like restricted linkage movement. Are Shibaura tractors still being made?

/ Shibaura sd1803 brake shoes
I check with my local napa store they do not do it and couldn't tell me who might. I will have to check some others.
thanks

/ Shibaura sd1803 brake shoes #5  
if you have not talked yet to your local ford/new holland dealer might be worth a call this same company built many of the ford built in japan small tractor possible they might carry the 9mm shoe

if you have not talked yet to your local ford/new holland dealer might be worth a call this same company built many of the ford built in japan small tractor possible they might carry the 9mm shoe

Got a list from google search, will try them Monday.
Thanks

Tell me why this is not a good thought:
was under the tractor today looking at brake linkage and its movement and came up with this. - Buy stick of all thread( 10mm 1.5 fits linkage nuts), cut it 1-1 1/2 " shorter than current rod. This would allow me to have enough adjustment to pull the 6mm pads out enough to get me some petal.

/ Shibaura sd1803 brake shoes #8  
Your OEM linkage isn't adjustable? Guess that answers the question Oldpath had concerning linkage movement. If not adjustable, by all means use the all thread.

Your OEM linkage isn't adjustable? Guess that answers the question Oldpath had concerning linkage movement. If not adjustable, by all means use the all thread.

It is adjustable,but with the 6mm pads after taking up all adjustment on oem rod i still have no petal/stopping ability.