Shibaura SD1840D Hydraulics Levels

/ Shibaura SD1840D Hydraulics Levels #1  

BCain

Tractor
Shibaura SD1840
I have a gray market SD1840D that has some leaks and needs hoses replaced. Being an old tractor I picked up some Lucas hydraulic oil treatment that is suppose to help with leaks. This stuff is very thick. Not knowing how much to put in, I added the whole jug to the tank located behind the seat. After running it a while, hydraulic fluid starting coming out around the gearshift. I know the transmission is lubricated with hydraulic oil but are these two areas connected? If not, does anyone know how to determine the levels on both the rear/frontend loader section and the transmission section?
Brent

/ Shibaura SD1840D Hydraulics Levels #2  
I imagine the product likely clogged the case vent which causes increased pressure inside the case and fluid to come out strange places. I suggest locating and cleaning out the vent and replacing the fluid with the factory spec fluid.

Those leak stop products are designed to swell fiber type gaskets and thicken the fluids. Your hydraulic system likely has few (if any) fiber gaskets and is not designed to work on thicker fluid than specified