Shipping a tractor

/ Shipping a tractor #11  
We are on the same page. I would not buy anything without touching it and running it. I will be patient, I have a small hobby farm/orchard and do not live at the farm. I am only there probably 1/3 of my time so actual seat time on the tractor will be low. (another reason not to get a new one). I have my place developed enough I could actually live without a tractor if I had too. I can rent a little Kubota about 60 miles away and plan on doing that first to make sure it will fit my needs. Thanks
May want to consider a reconditioned Yanmar considering your intended use. Very basic bomb proof runners with no electronics sitting around. One of the best sources is fairly close.

/ Shipping a tractor #12  
I think renting a trailer that will do the job and not overwhelm my truck is going to be difficult. Got a 2019 Nissan frontier king cab towing capacity 6700. Tractor with backhoe going to be 3000 to 3500. A 16 foot trailer would be big enough but light enough. The 20 foot trailers I have found to rent or 4000 lbs not ideal
I rented a 16 foot dual axle trailer with sliding hitch at a local equipment place for a little over $100 a day. Hauled my 855 John Deere that has a front end loader and a backhoe with no problem.
If you don't have electric brake hookup on your truck you will need a trailer with sliding hitch.
Jim

/ Shipping a tractor
I rented a 16 foot dual axle trailer with sliding hitch at a local equipment place for a little over $100 a day. Hauled my 855 John Deere that has a front end loader and a backhoe with no problem.
If you don't have electric brake hookup on your truck you will need a trailer with sliding hitch.
Jim
I had a brake controller installed. That’s exactly the trailer I’m looking for, but unable to find it so far. Most of the equipment rentals around here will not rent trailers without equipment and the trailer places that just rent trailers have 20 foot trailers